ARIZONA ELK TAGS

B

bullmania

I waS TOLD THAT THERE ARE SOME PRIVATE RANCHES IN ARIZONA IN UNITS WHERE A TAG CAN EASILY BE OBTAINED IS THIS TRUE ?

WHO ARE THE OUTFITTERS AND WHAT UNIT ARE THEY IN ???

THANKS
BULLMANIA

If you believe that then I got some ocean front property you can buy when you come out to hunt elk.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-09 AT 07:13PM (MST)[p]Interesting, but I bet the success rate isn't very high considering it is in limited opportunity units.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

There are elk tags for sale on three of the reservations. Apache, San Carlos and Havasupi. Or there are always two auction tags and a raffle. Arizona does not have any land owner tags.

As anyone heard of Double d outfitters ????

They are in unit 18 ????

Thanks
Bull

The unit 18 is combined with 15,17,19 and 20 for elk. They have 75 tags on the archery hunt and had 243 applications last year. They also have a rifle hunt for 600 cows and 60 bulls with 250 any elk tags. Double D has permission to hunt some of the private land that the general hunters cant hunt.

I hunted last year with double d on the x bar 1. Should have went archery, but i turned in for the rifle hunt and used a muzzleloader. The elk were done bugling as the rifle hunt in the limited opp areas is a full week behind the early rifle hunts. The ranch they hunt has monster bulls on it. Doc Meyers killed a 440, the week before i arrived and if you can believe it there are two bulls on the ranch that are bigger, I saw footage of them. If you look at the website, you will see what they killed in 2005-5 bulls over 400 inches(a good moisture year). If you are serious about hunting that ranch contact them, they have a video of the bulls and hunts on the ranch and they limit the number of hunters to a very few. I ended up shooting a 355 bull on the 4th day as the rut seemed to have been over. It is very thick country and hard to locate the monster bulls if they are not talking.

Michael

The only reservation I have hunted in arizona is the Hualapai reservation, which borders unit 10 and the Havasupai Reservation. In my opinion the Hualapai is as good as elk hunting can get. Lots of huge bulls and beautiful country. 5 out of 8 bulls last year were over 400 inches, with the biggest going 437. It is unbelievable. The smallest bull taken was a 375 bull. Pm me if you would like more information or a contact.

Michael

You should also check out Chad Smith with Vaquero outfitters. Chad's private property hunts can not be beat for quality of game.

>As anyone heard of Double d
>outfitters ????
>
>They are in unit 18
> ????
>
>
>Thanks
>Bull

A buddy of mine killed a 390 & a 400+ with archery gear with them.
He paid the bucks but killed HUGE bulls.
HH

I've never hunted with Double-D but do have some "experience" with them. Let's just say that I wouldn't trust anything they say. :-(

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Bullmania your like a fart in a whirlwind !!! Your everywhere arent you ? I think you may be as sick as I am !!!

I have hunted the Apache reservation out of Maverick camp. It is the south side of mount baldy down to the Black river. The number and quality of the bulls are hard to beat. I keep passing on good bulls and still have not been able to connect with that one great one. I think the best part is not having other hunters around when stalking. They only let 12 hunters in at a time and it is divided into smaller units so we never see another hunter. We get to look at a lot of bulls. It is not uncommon to see 25-50 bulls a day.

Hey Toothache...what is the price of those tags? This is still not a financial reality...but makes great antler filled daydream..Thanks..

I think it is $17,500 for a trophy tag, unless you talk to my wife. The hard part is getting past the waiting list. It is like getting drawn for a great bull tag every year. I would get a second job at McDonalds to cover the cost if I had to. It is an amazing hunt.

I also would recomend Chad Smith and Vaquero Outfitters.... he has some great guys and they know how to kill big critters!

Aim Small... Miss Small!!

Let's Get Bloody!!!

FUGGETABOUT IT!!!!!

Gino

I think of that as the tip for killing a book head. It only applies if it nets over 375. It is way better than the trophy fee on the San Carlos.

Sorry, I was at the hunting expo in Salt Lake and missed your comment. Most of the hunters are trying to kill big bulls. You cant kill a big one unless you can pass on some really nice ones. It is not as easy as it sounds. I killed this 360 class bull just before dark on the last day so my guide could have the meat. The year before that I did not pull the trigger. There are a lot of unused tags in camp at the end of the hunt. I passed on some great bulls. Some I wish I had shot. I would be happy to pay the trophy fee every year. So would every guy up there. There are not as many big elk killed every year as you might think. Some of the long timers have been going on that hunt for 20 years and may only have 3 or 4 in the book. My point is, It is all about the chance to hunt and the possibility of seeing that one exceptional elk. Just walking through the Muley Crazy and Mossback displays gets my blood pumping for the upcoming season.

498f1e435bb27186.jpg

I would recomend Travis Scott with SOUTH WEST HUNTING ADVENTURES. He's an awesome hunter for elk as well.

I have hunted with Travis Scott and i agree, a great guide and an even better hunter. One of the best i have been around.

Bullmania

Ya know, Chad Smith, Double D, San Carlos, Marvin James, McClendon, any other outfitter, can and will provide to the best of their ability! We all can only pride ourselves on what we think and know what we can do on the best and worst of all hunting situations. The best, just go hunting!
Travis Scott
www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

Madglasser
Nicely Said < i look forward to hunting with you this year.............

Bullmania

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom