Arizona fatal hunting accident

Lets pray it dont happen to anbody else ! God bless there families at this time

You truly have to wonder how something like that can happen. This poor kid has to live with this for the rest of his life. I heard on the radio of another Verde Valley youth who was taken to Phoenix by chopper after being shot in the foot while elk hunting. One can only assume it was from an elk caliber.

doesn't it just make you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that there are people in the woods shooting at noise and/or movement?

I was thinking the same thing as Saminwy. All of us are lucky he shot his own flesh and blood, not some innocent bystander. I have very little sympathy for such morons.

JB

I know these type of accidents are rare but thery are the main reason I have restricted my hunting to archery!!!

caelkhnter,
Me too, archery is looking a whole lot more appealing after this. it's a trajedy this happened, I wish the best for the kid, hope he can forgive himself. I am seriously going to consider wearing orange from now on if I do hunt with the rifle here in AZ. The thought of people shooting at movement or sounds without even knowing what it is . . . . . I'm definately wearing orange.

I am an archery hunter. I lived in Oregon for about 14 of my 55 years and the rest in AZ. When I was in Oregon a judge took away a guy's hunting priveledge for life after he shot another hunter in the head with his bow. The other guy was sitting by a stump and had a bit of color on his cap. This dude thought he saw a blue grouse and skewered him! I am just saying that there will still be fools hunting even if it's only bow. That said it is a lot safer than a rifle hunt nowadays.

I live in New Mexico and the rifle season is like a war zone on public land. That is why my family and I have hunted archery for the last ten+ years. As far as the incident in AZ, that is truly a tragedy, but I have never thought that my dad looked like an elk from any distance, moving or standing still.

There was a similar incident here during the rifle season. One hunter was bugling before sunrise and was shot by another hunter. The bullet was deflected by the knife on his hip, but he nearly bled to death. I don't know what happened to the shooter, but I hope he's banned from hunting for life.

We have to be careful out there guys. This season I heard bugles around me and approached quite cautiously since it could have been a hunter trying to bugle them in and could have confused me for an elk. Things like this always stay in my mind when out in the field.

Know your target!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

i saw another incident on the news were a young boy shot his little brother becasue he saw movement in the bush when they were deer hunting and i believe it was on the san carlos res also, but iam not sure of that..... cbryant

Just heard from the horse's mouth...

This family has had three deaths in the past month. One natural, one accident, one criminal. My condolences to the family.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom