Arizona Giants Hitting The Dirt

slamdunk

Early season giant bulls in the books.
Statewide Raffle Tag and Commissioners Elk Tag
Screenshot_20230722_142444_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230722_142314_Instagram.jpg

It’s unfortunate the Mossy Posse wasn’t able to get down there and enjoy a 3 month camp trip to watch the bone grow and hopefully get their hands on some soft bone before the other 3 month campers piled it all up.

Both shooters have jackets on in the pics so it must be a little cool - at least in the early morning.
Those are some really great bulls and they have some unique character.

Pretty funny how the outfitters have responded to the azz kicking they took on PR for JJ. No army pics

It's July. 10000ft it's still in the 80's.

Can't imagine the rot.

But hey, checks were cashed ?.

The Youth section is more meaningful than any outfitter hand holding trigger puller pic, by 10x

Pretty funny how the outfitters have responded to the azz kicking they took on PR for JJ. No army pics

Can't imagine the rot.

The Youth section is more meaningful than any outfitter hand holding trigger puller pic, by 10x
That’s a pretty big claim to make that this elk rotted. Were you there? Said it yourself they had an army. No reason that animal can’t be off the mountain in 4-5 hours, same as any hunt. Elk start out at 100 degrees when you kill ‘em and their meat is sterile. Handle em right and they will be fine for hours.

Lotta jealousy out there towards these guys. They did more for conservation than any of us will in our lives. Killed a couple dream bulls in the process but more importantly put hundreds more on the mountain with their contributions.
I won a NV dream tag this year. I live 19 hrs away. I’ll likely hire a guide. Hope they bring an army, probably bring half of one myself. You guys gonna hate on that too? I spend about $5k a year in non refundables on tags that goes toward conservation. It’s not as much as these guys, but more than most. Where do you draw the line with your hate and jealousy?

Lotta jealousy out there towards these guys. They did more for conservation than any of us will in our lives. Killed a couple dream bulls in the process but more importantly put hundreds more on the mountain with their contributions.
I won a NV dream tag this year. I live 19 hrs away. I’ll likely hire a guide. Hope they bring an army, probably bring half of one myself. You guys gonna hate on that too? I spend about $5k a year in non refundables on tags that goes toward conservation. It’s not as much as these guys, but more than most. Where do you draw the line with your hate and jealousy?
Hope you kill a giant.
What animal is your Dream Tag for?

The strategy for those is kill em before they go back to the res to rut. I'd assume knowing where the boundaries are may limit some? Haha Nice bulls and a lot of work!

That’s a pretty big claim to make that this elk rotted. Were you there? Said it yourself they had an army. No reason that animal can’t be off the mountain in 4-5 hours, same as any hunt. Elk start out at 100 degrees when you kill ‘em and their meat is sterile. Handle em right and they will be fine for hours.

Took at least 2 hours for photos, IG reels, snap photos, 4 only fans videos.

Didn't say the whole elk. Those were your words.

I did say, and stand by, killing animals, in Arizona, in July, ain't done for the meat, and guaranteed it's at best, the 3rd most important reason.

But, apparently you know better, I look forward to the video.

About Nov, maybe December. Seems 2-3 months is an acceptable line.

Harassing animals 364 days a year, seems, oh, I don't know, BULLSHIT.

Even worse is the commercialization of wildlife.

This isn't about opportunity or "conservation", it's a big schlong contest.

Further. It is the poster child, with the non hunting public for what the antis claim. This ain't about meat, family tradition, or a way of life. It's blatant trophy KILLING(hunting is an entirely different subject).

JJ even said so himself on his "conservation hunt" video last year.

Took at least 2 hours for photos, IG reels, snap photos, 4 only fans videos.

Didn't say the whole elk. Those were your words.

I did say, and stand by, killing animals, in Arizona, in July, ain't done for the meat, and guaranteed it's at best, the 3rd most important reason.

But, apparently you know better, I look forward to the video.
There have been guys knocking down spikes and raghorns all over AZ in June, July and August for years during depredation hunts. Same in nearly every state. Oryx hunts in July in NM where it for sure won’t be under 100. Your ignorance and your jealousy are kinda blurring together on this. Also, few can say that meat is their absolute #1 reason for getting in the field these days. My wife and I haven’t bought meat in 10 years (except bacon). I truly live on wild game meat. If I were to list my priorities when I hit the field they are as follows.
1: time and memories with family and friends
2: the most mature (most of the time biggest antlered animal I can find) (my reason for this is to set a goal with my hunt and also make it last)
3: meat (see above, I hunt a lot, so I will get enough meat for the season, I could do it in 1-2 days if I tried to get out and do it as fast as possible, but that leaves less time for priority #1)

There have been guys knocking down spikes and raghorns all over AZ in June, July and August for years during depredation hunts. Same in nearly every state. Oryx hunts in July in NM where it for sure won’t be under 100. Your ignorance and your jealousy are kinda blurring together on this. Also, few can say that meat is their absolute #1 reason for getting in the field these days. My wife and I haven’t bought meat in 10 years (except bacon). I truly live on wild game meat. If I were to list my priorities when I hit the field they are as follows.
1: time and memories with family and friends
2: the most mature (most of the time biggest antlered animal I can find) (my reason for this is to set a goal with my hunt and also make it last)
3: meat (see above, I hunt a lot, so I will get enough meat for the season, I could do it in 1-2 days if I tried to get out and do it as fast as possible, but that leaves less time for priority #1)

Who is blurring lines now.

Million dollar trophy KILLING and depredation hunts? Or Oryx?

An elk, in 80-90 temps will start to spoil in a couple hours.

Honestly. Jealousy has nothing to do with it. I can't imagine wanting to have someone wipe my butt, tell me what to do, and hold my hand during hunting.

And if you don't understand the difference in hunting with a pile of friends and family, and being a client, I don't know what to tell you, I doubt you scratch 6 figure checks to your family though.

Ain't an animal on earth worth that.

But, notice, bulls with the shooter only are the pics. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Congrats to AZ for the ability to grow big bulls.

But seriously. What's the difference in this and high fence hunting? Dudes tracking and sleeping on animals for months. Then rich dude shows up and pulls a trigger. Then an army hauls out the bull.

Short of a fence, there's really no difference.

When you're in this stratosphere, you aren't paying for a guide to take you hunting. You are buying a bull, and paying for the guarantee.

You can appreciate tge bull and despise the commercial aspect at the same time.

And hoss is right. We killed a lot of cows in my youth, we tried desperately to wait until fall, or in the spring, because loss in July is a thing.

Yeah, the big boys are done, they go fast. Bulls are usually stripped by mid-august which is only a few weeks away. And as hot as it has been this year there ends probably boiled shut haha.

Whats the difference in satisfaction between killing a bull that size with the “posse crew” and purchasing a head at the local pawn shop?

I see no difference other than less money to purchase in a pawn shop.

You gonna sit back in your home, look up at that bull on the wall and say, “sure am proud of myself for pulling the trigger when they said to and on the bull they said to.”

That ain’t a memory I want. Would rather not hunt if I gotta have a posse find it and tell me when to shoot.

Who is blurring lines now.

Million dollar trophy KILLING and depredation hunts? Or Oryx?

An elk, in 80-90 temps will start to spoil in a couple hours.

Honestly. Jealousy has nothing to do with it. I can't imagine wanting to have someone wipe my butt, tell me what to do, and hold my hand during hunting.

And if you don't understand the difference in hunting with a pile of friends and family, and being a client, I don't know what to tell you, I doubt you scratch 6 figure checks to your family though.

Ain't an animal on earth worth that.

But, notice, bulls with the shooter only are the pics. I'm sure it's a coincidence.
I promise elk don’t start to spoil in a couple hours. Regardless of temp.

Being a guide and outfitter for 30+ years you never know with clients. I have had clients that can’t wipe there ass and others that had as much Hunter savvy as anyone. Those guys were hunting machines. Just because someone is willing to spend 100 of thousands of dollars doesn’t mean there are incompetent.
A lot of those guys would be welcome in any of your hunting camps without compromise.
Just my two cents worth of knowledge from been there done that over the years.

You guys need to lighten up and be happy for them. I'm not mad at anyone for hunting or fishing by any legal means.

Both great and amazing looking bulls, if I had the means I'd make a contribution as well. And for the outfitter hate, remember these few guys help a lot of people make their living. Plus they donated a lot of money to a good cause.

Screenshot_20230728_081730_Google.jpg

You guys need to lighten up and be happy for them. I'm not mad at anyone for hunting or fishing by any legal means.

Both great and amazing looking bulls, if I had the means I'd make a contribution as well. And for the outfitter hate, remember these few guys help a lot of people make their living. Plus they donated a lot of money to a good cause.
July?
"Contributions"??????

And yeah, the issues with this crap is EXACTLY that they spread money around. Which is why LE hunters DIY can't find a meadow, basin, trail that isn't covered with spotters.

The issue isn't trigger puller, it's the "industry" that surrounds them

The A3 bull was killed with the raffle tag and I seriously doubt that he spent a ton of money on raffle tickets. I think he probably just got super lucky and drew a tag most only dream of drawing. I'll be honest, I'd love to have been that lucky.

As others have stated I'm not a huge fan of the velvet bulls either but I damn sure wouldn't pass on the opportunity to kill either of those giants.

“How are you keeping tge flies off it in july?”

Try red chile powder mixed with water in a squirt bottle. Works on oryx during the summer months.

My favorite part of this whole thread is Iddogguy casually dropping a photo in the comments that makes the two bulls in the post look like last day meat bulls lol. Absolute dream bull :love:
And he did it with a bow and likely alone, or with very little help. I guarantee he did NOT have a "posse".

All of the bulls in this thread are world class, but Iddogguy's bull would be my pick as well! ?

My favorite part of this whole thread is Iddogguy casually dropping a photo in the comments that makes the two bulls in the post look like last day meat bulls lol. Absolute dream bull :love:
I doubt that bull is what dreams are made of. But it also ain’t 450”. Good try.

How are you keeping tge flies off it in july?
Last July I just put mine in game bags and then in a cooler. We took care of it quick and it wasn’t much different than an archery bull. No meat loss, tastes great.

The velvet got a little bit ripe and I had to do some artificial velvet around the bases.

How are you keeping tge flies off it in july?
I would guess that they did it the same way most people keep flies off during a September archery hunt. You skin and work on one quarter at a time until it is bagged - then move to the next.

I shot a buck here in SD one early November about 20 years ago when we had a freak heat wave of about 90 - 100 degrees. I had game bags in my day pack with me while hunting. Shot him about noon that day, got the quarters off, bagged and hung in some shade. Two pack trips later it was on ice and never lost an ounce of meat to flies or heat.

Granted that was a deer but I was alone - I would image 3 or 4 guys could get an elk broken down in relatively short time. Like others have mentioned - people have been doing it for years.

Nothing To Do With These Bulls Above!

But I've Seen The 20-30 Minutes Of High Fives!

I've Seen Them Scored & Re-Scored Before Even Thinking About Taking Care Of The Meat!

Then The Photo Shoots That Last for An Hour Or Two!

What Beavis Doesn't Understand is That Alot Of These Hunts Ain't Wasatch Hunts In October Or November!

My favorite part of all of this is one of those bulls is a raffle bull so the guy literally could be dead broke and spent his last dollar on an outfitter, could be the best, most skilled salt of the earth hunter, and he’s catching the same wrath of jealous BS as the auction hunter. I can promise you, if I eisther won it or bought it, you’d see my ugly mug grinning behind one of those bulls if I had the tag.

My favorite part of all of this is one of those bulls is a raffle bull so the guy literally could be dead broke and spent his last dollar on an outfitter, could be the best, most skilled salt of the earth hunter, and he’s catching the same wrath of jealous BS as the auction hunter. I can promise you, if I eisther won it or bought it, you’d see my ugly mug grinning behind one of those bulls if I had the tag.
Truth.

Yeah, cuz A3 is known for guiding welfare clients?

To each there own, but I'd take pride in giving the industry the family friendly.?

To each their own on how they spend their last dollar but I’d hunt a raffle tag the same way I hunt any other tag. On my own or with family/friend. So what if I leave the biggest (or 2nd biggest, or 5th biggest…..) animal on the mountain.

Does that make me better? No. (But it would make me happier)

Envy is a powerful emotion. Hope you have a great hunt.

Early season giant bulls in the books.
Statewide Raffle Tag and Commissioners Elk Tag
View attachment 115708
View attachment 115709
Diamond outfitters is a joke. Unless you have big money. The owner is a great Bullsitter. He can sell you swamp land in AZ. He talked me into it last year with a great tag , I was coming back home to AZ. and was depending on some Buddies . He talked me out of it Saying he had two guys who lived in my unit. One Grew up there , he was 20 , if that . The other didnt ' know Squat and wasn't from there. And was 19 or so also. My main guy showed up 2 days late. Cause he was 100 miles away on an archery hunt. Need I say no More. I was told these guys know every bull in the unit. Ya right . Next to the Reservation. I didn't pay full price and He promised me that didn't Matter. He just wanted what ever $ I could give him and He would see that I was taken care of. The Kid that did live there Eventually got there and He was a Good Guy. Shortly after He quit working for them. was treated like a slave and had to fight to get paid. I will Quit here as I am 67 Years old and don't beleive in bad mouthing folks unless its warrented. All I heard and seen about this Guy is BULL. He lives a High life style and needs $ to do it . And he bullshits about half of what he's done or does. This was supposed to be a hunt of a life time . Especially at my age , I will never get this tag again . Don't let this big Bull fool You. He does it for Publicity so he can market his business. While fricking the little guy like me. Don't wanna hear bullshit storries from his right hand man . I know the real story. Ask me.................................BULLL!

You are correct it's just envy. If I had the money I would do the same thing. Dollars go to the species, hope in the future it continues. The state of Arizona is now trying to scrounge up a some bucks raffling off 12 tags. It takes money to make the wildlife situations better for all.

Can't imagine the rot.

I’m headed to CA at the end of the week for a DIY blacktail hunt. I’m hoping you’ll grant me permission to attempt to kill a deer in near 100 degree temps. If you could be so kind as to give me your blessing on this one as I’d hate to be lumped in with these guys and have it he said that I let it spoil. Thank you for your time.

I’m headed to CA at the end of the week for a DIY blacktail hunt. I’m hoping you’ll grant me permission to attempt to kill a deer in near 100 degree temps. If you could be so kind as to give me your blessing on this one as I’d hate to be lumped in with these guys and have it he said that I let it spoil. Thank you for your time.
Sounds like you'll be in my neck of the woods......where will you be hunting blacktails? Bring lots of water.

Good Luck!
Kill a giant, have fun, enjoy the hunt and the adventure, and take care of the meat if you are lucky. don't let the negatives on here bother you.

Diamond outfitters is a joke. Unless you have big money. The owner is a great Bullsitter. He can sell you swamp land in AZ. He talked me into it last year with a great tag , I was coming back home to AZ. and was depending on some Buddies . He talked me out of it Saying he had two guys who lived in my unit. One Grew up there , he was 20 , if that . The other didnt ' know Squat and wasn't from there. And was 19 or so also. My main guy showed up 2 days late. Cause he was 100 miles away on an archery hunt. Need I say no More. I was told these guys know every bull in the unit. Ya right . Next to the Reservation. I didn't pay full price and He promised me that didn't Matter. He just wanted what ever $ I could give him and He would see that I was taken care of. The Kid that did live there Eventually got there and He was a Good Guy. Shortly after He quit working for them. was treated like a slave and had to fight to get paid. I will Quit here as I am 67 Years old and don't beleive in bad mouthing folks unless its warrented. All I heard and seen about this Guy is BULL. He lives a High life style and needs $ to do it . And he bullshits about half of what he's done or does. This was supposed to be a hunt of a life time . Especially at my age , I will never get this tag again . Don't let this big Bull fool You. He does it for Publicity so he can market his business. While fricking the little guy like me. Don't wanna hear bullshit storries from his right hand man . I know the real story. Ask me.................................BULLL!

Congrats! Figure that you proll have, but I would recommend that you line up an outfitter ASAP. They can fill up fast. I drew a nice NV Muzzy tag and it was a blast. I tried it self guided and ended up hunting the same country as the Dream Tag holder. He had an interesting experience and it wasn’t all roses. Lots of pressure and decisions with that tag, and chances can evaporate. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom