ARIZONA OVER RATTED ?$$$$$$$$$$$$$

N

NMHunter1

I feel Arizons is really to expensive.... I want to hunt in Arizona because of a couple of choice units. But it puts a ding in the ol pocket book. I can kill big bulls here in nm. But now even are g&f have jacked up our price as well. But we dont have to come up with THE MONEY up front. IS ARIZONA A LITTLE FULL OF THEMSELVES? I THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? because you have to pay to play? It wasn't that long ago when all states required you to pay up front due to lack of a little thing called the internet. Draw odds are bad right now, but without making people pay up front, and without making them buy a license, they would be even worse. Stay in New Mexico.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

I gladly pay the other states fees without complaint. I want to hunt every year in quality areas. If you don't like the way Az does things don't apply here. That simple.

well said boys. I agree 100% I for one, am very glad they did away with the online application. I know it goes everything Game and Fish is trying to preach with "hunter Opportunity", but I'll take fewer applicants anyday. By the way, GF "hunter opportunity" is a joke. Talk about an excuse to whore out our deer tags and open up the flood gates on the early hunt... just to line their pockets even more! That's my one biggest gripe about GF.

A nonresident hunting license in AZ costs 151.25, and the elk permit is 595.00, for a total $746.25

NM nonreident elk tags are $772.

UT nonresident elk permits are $795.

So check under your saddleblanket for that cockleburr.

Thats only for hd/hq hunts in nm WHICH SOME DONT DESERVE THE TITLE. A GENERAL HUNT IS NOT NEAR THAT MUCH. SO SORRY KIDS. I THINK I WILL STAY IN NM WHERE I CAN HAVE A ELK TAG EVERY YEAR UNLIKE YOU POOR SAPS SO ENJOY YOUR PREFERNCE POINT, AND I WILL HAVE FUN WITH MY ELK TAG!!!!!!!!!!!! FACE IT YOU WISHED YOU LIVED HERE...........

Hey tough guy, you can get an elk tag in AZ EVERY year. You should check your facts before spoutin off on things you obviously know nothing about.

Are you related to HuntRez? It sure sounds like it.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

SO ENLIGHTEN ME HOW YOU CAN GET A ELK TAG EVERY YEAR? CAUSE I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW IN AZ NOT BEING TOUGH JUST SO EASY TO GET A RISE OUT OF YOU AZ BOYS.

You're right. 5 mature screaming bulls on opening day in the canyon we were hunting during the late November season really irritated me. I was looking for a little peace and quiet. Good luck in the draw.

Thank You NMHunter for not putting in for AZ elk, please past the word to your fellow hunters that AZ is too much$$$. I love AZ hunting.

Go Arizona!!! Hey man doesnt new mexico have their own forum page where you could talk all about how great it is? If you dont mind keeping your bad comments over on that page that would be great. I agree with desertbucks tell your friends how bad az is. Good luck in nm.

I think this clown is just bored and trying to start a cyber fight. It's easy to act like a BAD ASS on a computer. I doubt he would act that way in a local coffee shop or bar durning any season saying the things he's said. GAFL dude.

I wish all states would go to upfront money for tags and applications but it will never happen again. It used to be upfront back when tags and fees were less expensive. States have themselves in a quandry now because they have hiked up the costs so high that not everyone can afford to put in (like they used to) and the states need that revenue. Like it or not, the use of online applications and credit cards permits the states to tap back into that application revenue again.

If you were looking for some sympathy from the guys, you posted this topic in the wrong forum section for sure!!

AZ has it right when it comes to NR prices...

NMHunter1

Does the name Montero ring a bell? Sort of ironic that it was this so called outfitter from New Mexico that screwed up the AZ tag prices. Look at what the tags prices were before the court battle and look at them now. Resident deer tags went from $19 to $37.50, elk tags went from $73(?) to $121.50, hunting licenses went from $24 to $32.50. The Non-Res costs went up even more so thank your fellow NM brother for the way AZ is now. Oh, by the way, I an not sure but I heard that Montero was put in jail for wildlife violations. Figures.

The way AZ regulated the tags after the suit was to raise the cost to everyone. I voted strongly against that, but who am I? I don't like AZ's system any more than the next guy or gal and I am a resident, but I still play because the elk are of great quality. I do like Colorado's system and I have paid and played every year since I started applying in CO. Cost of a non-res bull tag is $545 this year, a non-res cow tag is still in the $250 range.

I'll make a deal with you NMHunter1, you stay in New Mexico and hunt your great elk herds (as they are)and I'll stay in AZ and hunt mine when my turn comes up.

My $0.02 cents.
264X300

The guy's name is Montoya, he works for USO, but the lawsuit was filed under his name, and no, Montoya was not put in jail for violations.
You are right though, the prices sure shot up after this suit began taking place. Even a guide lisence rose before $100.00
and since $300.00.
All this from a New Mexico outfitter!
Travis
www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

Thanks for setting my facts straight. How could I forget Montoya? I have had to deal with NM on other issues in my personal and business life and based on that, I would just as soon leave the state to those who care.

I will say the suit chapped my *** while it was going on and even more so when I learned what the AZGFD wanted to do to fix the problem. NMHunter1 like Montoya can just stay home as far as I am concerned.
264X300

I only play "the game" in AZ for JR's sake.

$26.50 for a NR youth tag is acceptable to me. I started him at age 12 and he can apply as a youth until 21 IIRC.

10 Boner points for deer, elk and bighorn for $265 + app fees ain't too bad. Of course you need money in the bank to pay the tag fees up front. Gives me play money (or, heaven forbid, actual hunting money) in the fall when I get my refunds.

I play the game in New Mex also. Both me and the boy.

What the heck does over "RATTED" mean. Does that mean there are too many rats in Arizona? I think your opinions are over "rated" and that you are a legend in your own mind.

I agree hunting is too expensive anymore. If a guy has a family with a few kids it's tough to apply. It sure forces me to budget and save throughout the year.

As far as the NM guy complaining about Az. Does anyone realy listen to him? Looks like he is just trying to rustle some feathers during the slow time of the year. Anyone with any sense knows AZ hunting is far superior than anything NM has to offer. The land owners, outfitters, and corrupt polititians have ruined that state. Should be better than it is but it isn't. Just the way it is.

I apply in NM but I play by their rules and know the quality of the hunt won't be comparable to an AZ hunt.

>I agree hunting is too expensive
>anymore. If a guy
>has a family with a
>few kids it's tough to
>apply. It sure forces
>me to budget and save
>throughout the year.
>
>As far as the NM guy
>complaining about Az. Does
>anyone realy listen to him?
> Looks like he is
>just trying to rustle some
>feathers during the slow time
>of the year. Anyone
>with any sense knows AZ
>hunting is far superior than
>anything NM has to offer.
> The land owners, outfitters,
>and corrupt polititians have ruined
>that state. Should be
>better than it is but
>it isn't. Just the
>way it is.
>
>I apply in NM but I
>play by their rules and
>know the quality of the
>hunt won't be comparable to
>an AZ hunt.

not sure what happened on that last post...

my 2 cents....I am a non res and have hunted Arizona 3 times, the quality is worth the money and time.

I wish more states could acomplish what Arizona has.

I think nmhunter1 is right? Everybody should quit applying in Az. except for me!I think its great the way every state is different in the way they do things.otc archery in az. that is great.Fill out an app. and go hunting.is that full of yourself.cow tags are easier to obtain.Everybody cant shoot a trophy.Thats the way its always been.It would be nice if azg&f sent me a free tag every yr. for unit 27 bull elk.

I ACTUALLY WISH THEY WOULD RAISE THE NON RESIDENT FEE EVEN MORE. I PERSONALLY WOULD PAY MORE THAN I DO NOW FOR A RESIDENT BULL TAG IF I KNEW MY DRAW ODDS WOULD INCREASE!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom