Arizona Shed Hunting

That was a great video, looks like you guys had a great time, and some sore backs. How far do you guys pack in.

Thanks, usualy we try to get a couple miles from the roads, sometimes up to 7-10 miles in the right units, shed hunt the general area and hike out the second or third day depending on how much you brought back to drop camp and wanna pack out. I have a rough time with 80-90lbs and Jason being 50 pounds the more can carry 90-110 if he wants too, gear included. Usaualy guarantees you a pack load, but I dare not jinx myself. Not often but once in a while in new areas it can be humbling only finding a couple maybe while doing your homework, even trying to pick apart long visited places- it's allways a task when shed hunting. Around town can lead to little 4 mile strolls here and there and sometimes days of no sheds, but it keeps you sharp and half the antlers we leave laying in the back woods we'd be happy to keep if in the towns woods.Day trips with packloads closer to roads is less common but the right overlooked spot can produce big sometimes.But it usually takes 2-3 days to get in the backcountry, round umm up and get umm in the truck. I'm seeing the future and My four legged pack will be helping soon.
Yeah- It was a great time, that's allways guaranteed!
Glad you enjoyed the vid.

Got out last week for some more, post the link when I get it finished....

Now that shed hunting. Great time to get back in the back country and camp and find some nice sheds. Nice Video

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom