Atlanta Area

chasemike

Thinking about hunting below Atlanta, Has any stayed at the Twins Springs Resort? Is there any other options, close, other than Featherville. Never hunted down low thought I might try it. Thanks Mike

>Thinking about hunting below Atlanta, Has
>any stayed at the Twins
>Springs Resort? Is there any
>other options, close, other than
>Featherville. Never hunted down low
>thought I might try it.
>Thanks Mike

Twin Springs "resort" = little town on the movie deliverence
try renting the forest service cabin in atlanta if you don't want to camp

hunted below atlanta last season. did 17 miles on foot in the area covering from about 5800 to 8000 feet basically the last week of the season. snowline was right near 8000 if i remember correctly. very very poor deer numbers unfortunately. saw 3 does in 2 days

I have camped in tents a lots of years, like to to upgrade
for a change. Thats not good news, no deer. I hunted around anderson lake last year, son shot a decent buck. Thought about trying a different spot. Mike

I have hunted up the Middle fork since the early 80s. It has changed a lot. If you don't want to camp, you can drive up from Boise every day. It continues to change, so most of my info is old news. I took my Nephew up in 08 he shot a doe on the youth tag. We saw upwards of 40 deer with about 7 of them being bucks. We just couldn't get everything to work on one. Went back in 09 with my son we hunted one day with about a 15 mile loop and saw 15 bucks but no shooters. The low country can be busy. I suggest getting an early start climbing. Plenty of steep stuff if you like it, I found the deer do and a lot of the hunters don't.

good to hear that you guys had some success dz. i did shoot a buck last year but it was the only one we saw all season. definitely thankful. we saw 5 deer last season and are in shape college students with plenty of time on our hands. we had the same mentality of packing into the steep and deep but just didn't have any luck. where we hunted was much further back than anyone else on foot. chasemike if you need a PM on where not to go i'm your man haha

Well, sounds like if it has weather it may be a good choice.I don't know if my heart could take it, driving from Boise to hunt that area every day. Man that, is a longs way to the bottom if something happens. Hunted around anderson last three years, just wanted to try something new, in the general season. Thanks Mike

I don't remember the drive being that bad. We hunt right around Twin Springs. I have hunted several days in a row and drove to Meridian each night. Nice hot shower and good home cooked food. I didn't think it was that bad.

DZ

Hunted there about 7 years ago. I have a freind that lives in Idaho up by Star. He killed a 32 inch buck there. The next year I drove from Ca. hunted the same area, nothing but small bucks.Can't remember the name of the mt. it was right off the main road. We stayed into a motel, I think it had gas pumps & a liitle store. I know the area had a fire that went through it. Seen elk in the area, & alot of wolf tracks.

I know a little bit about the twin springs cabins and have there contact information if you're serious. send me a Pm-

My favorite hunts are because they were with friends and family not just because "I got one".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom