ATTENTION ALL MATHEW'S FANS

quickdrawkinker

just wondering if any of you have had the opportunity to shoot the new Outback--I would like to know how it compares to the LX. Pros and Cons of each please.

Hell I would like to be able to afford a Mathews.

Smiling.gif

I shot both of them today.
I liked the LX much better. The LX was set up at 72lbs 29" DL 406 grain arrow 291 fps with 6 shots avg. 288 fps
The LX was smooth on the draw and very smooth shooting, very little felt recoil.

I was suprised how nice it shoots and it is fast. This is coming from a HCA shooter.

The Outback had more recoil I thought and it was definitely slower.
70lbs 29" DL 406 grain arrow 276 fps avg. 279fps

I liked the feel of the LX better and I think it will be a better hunting bow with the longer ATA (35")

The Outback is very heavy for such a small (31.5" ATA)bow 4.3 lbs. It weighs more than the LX 4.25 LBS

I wish they were a tad bit lighter.

I ordered an Ovation last week. Currently shooting the Q2XL and it has been the best bow I have ever shot (with Winners Choice strings). I'm hoping that the Ovation is a step above the Q2XL. I like the longer bows, more stable and forgiving. I will take accuracy over speed any day. Ed F

Excaliber,
which one was more forgiving? The LX is longer with a longer riser, but the Outback has the larger brace height--do you feel like they are comparable or did one impress you more than the other as far as accuracy and forgiveness. Thanks.

Ed F,
You make a great point, have you had the opportunity to shoot an ovation yet? With 8" of brace height and 40" axle to axle that bow has got to shoot straight! That's one bow that I haven't looked at, but I think I will after hearing what you have to say and doing a little research on the web. Thanks!

No I haven't shot the Ovation yet. I bought it, sight unseen. I am confident that it is going to be a great bow for me. It looks like they want it to replace the Conquest as their new target bow. I shot the LX with the HP cam and liked it. Ed F

Quickdrawkinker,
Sorry was away for a few days. I thought the LX had a more shooter friendly ATA length 35 5/8" compared to the Outback 31". I don't like the way the weight is balanced on the Outback.
The Outback weighs the same as the LX or maybe even more.

I shot these bows again this week with Stabilizers and they were both fully loaded. The LX had a little more kick this time.

I liked the LX better and I bought It. I was really wanting a HCA carbon bow but after shooting this I had to have it.

You will really like the LX should you decide to buy one.

Excaliber, thanks again for the input. You came to the same conclusion that I did--after shooting both of them I bought the LX and so far I like it, but it doesn't seem to be as forgiving as the Q2 I just got rid of, but maybe it just takes a little time to get used to shooting a new bow and making the right adjustments for my shooting style. I do apprecaite your input and enjoy your new LX!

every bow has its own personality.
Just like cars,
Some people form bad reviews with out taking one for a test drive.
I prefer PSE.
faster, smoother,
The Farri in the bow industry.
I know you all agree with that with out any arguements.

I'd have to agree with you that every bow has a personality but I don't see were you say faster for the pse brand and smoother yea maybe but heavyer for sure. Bow are alot like cars in more ways than one the name and price go for both. I shoped around for bow for a bit before I bought a bow tech patriot I spent alot more than I wanted to but I got the things I was looking for speed, weight and lenght but the most important was left handed. The pse were to heavy and not quite fast enough the price tag was nice the mathews well I didn't even look at them little out of my price range.

it is rediculas on the prices of these shooting sticks.
and personaly its up to the individual,
with todays tecknolagy its hard to say which is better.
its the feel you have while shooting it that makes the diffrence.
have a good season this upcoming year.

I shoot the LX and even though I would not trade mine for the Outback. Because it is very comfortable to me,the Outback is a great bow. It is a little slower than the LX, but is just as smooth maybe a tad smoother on the draw. The hand shock is a tad less. The short ata makes it a little easier to maneuver in the woods and tree stands. The larger brace height and slower arrow speed make it a tad more forgiving. Since I have invested a small fortune in my LX and am kind of a speed monger I am not getting a new Outback, but I do think this is one sweet bow. my .02, Steve

Quickdraw, I've had the Ovation for a couple of weeks now but I just shot it this weekend. I waited to put Winners Choice strings on it first. I haven't even tuned it or sighted it in and I have all ready been shooting nock's off. Sweet. I'm not sure if it's going to outperform the Q2XL yet. If it shoots the same I will be very pleased. I did notice that the Q2XL and Ovation have almost identical risers except that the Ovation has all of the new stuff and longer limbs. I'm happy so far. Ed F

Ed,
I am torn!!! I went ahead and bought the LX, but now am wondering if I made the right decision. I like to shoot one bow and one bow only for all: 3D, field, hunting, indoor. I am wondering if the Ovation would be a better all-around bow. I shot the LX at a 3D last weekend and loved it, but shooting the indoor leagues at night I find that I am at a total disadvantage with the LX compared to the guys shooting the longer bows(which is to be expected, I guess). So I guess my question to you is do you plan on using your new Ovation for hunting and 3D? What kind of speed are you getting out of it? Thanks for your help Ed.

I feel the same way about shooting the similar bows. The Q2XL and the Ovation have the same handles, riser length and shape. The cams are definately different. The Ovation cam has no valley and a definate wall (same as LX). It is different from any other bow I have ever had. Not used to it yet, it can get away from you! Yes I plan on hunting with it, if it equals or out performs the Q2XL. I have never worried about speed. I'm sure that it is slower than the LX. I am interested in it being stable and forgiving which means accuracy. I've only shot a release for the past 3 years so I am used to longer finger bows. I am pleased with the Ovation. Good luck. Ed F

Ed,
My Ovation showed up this week and man am I impressed! This bow is amazingly smooth, accurate and incredibly forgiving, it's not too terribly slow either, at 65# with a 28-1/2" draw I'm getting 280 out of it, I imagine when I crank it up closer to 70# I might be able to squeeze 290 out of it--fast enough for me when it shoots this well!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom