Attention Gun Owners

bgh7404jas

BUY YOUR AMMO NOW!!!!!

Thought you might be interested in this one.

Wake up gun owners!

Now this is disturbing to say the least! And True! Well It's starting.

Ammunition Accountability Act. Did you know anything about this?
California is one of the states mentioned. The gun control liberals got
a setback when the Supreme Court upheld the 2nd amendment rights
in Wash. DC. Now they are trying to come thru the back door. Please
forward this to all you know that want to keep their guns!!!! Maybe we
can start a ground swell, or continue it at least, that will go all over
the
U.S. and have a positive impact on the outcome.Remember how Obama
said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his
minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your
ammo! The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and
Indiana)
requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a database of
all
ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.
Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition
is coded. Any privately held un-coded ammunition must be destroyed by
July 1, 2011 (including hand loaded ammo). They will also charge a .05
cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least
$2.50 or more! If they can deprive you of ammo then they do not need to
take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona,
California,
Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi,
Missouri,
New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina,
Tennessee,
and Washington.

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this
legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Thats what I've been telling people at work for a while now. The 2nd ammendment guaranties our right to own a gun, but theres nothing in there about the right to own ammunition for your gun. apparently people are listening. Go to Sportmans or Cabelas and try to but ammo or even reloading supplies, Its a joke, there usually out of the stuff I need.

Only thing driving prices up now is demand, since everyone is panicing and buying up all the ammo.

Why everytime this comes up the date for the coded ammo is moved up sooner?

Is that ethical?

From what i've read it's a half a cent/shell or cartridge increase. Not 5 cents. A half a cent. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I read it.

One question I do have, they want to code ammunition to see how much you buy but will that bullet have a code that is traceable back to you once fired? Or is it just a code on the box of ammo?

Thats not the point its the fact that as a legal citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA I now have to pay for a bunch of criminals actions, None of these laws will affect any crime rate in any state these BS acts and laws only affect law bidding citizens and Im sick and tired of it, Its time to stand up as a group that basically funds all conservation organizations in every state plus other entities in these states, with out sportsmen and women the states would go bankrupt and then what would they do, Now is the time when things are falling deeper and deeper into the crapper to show Washington how much they really do need us as a group to fit the bill, I would really like to see all hunters and sportsmen take 1 year off of buying licences it would only take one year and they would get the hint and quit affecting our lifestyle. Just my Opinion

Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and elevation

It will be a code that is traceable back to the buyer of the ammo. Two ideas have been floated here in CA. A micro code imprinted on the weapon firing pin that will imprint the code on the fired primer of the case. Will help to curb crime!!!!!! yea! just one swipe with a file with remove it, or gang bangers start using revolvers only to not drop casings at crime scene.
Now they are looking at requiring the bullet maker to imprint a code on the base of all bullets that will require a lot of paper work when you buy that box of shells so they can trace that coded bullet back to you after they get it out of the body of the person who got shot. That will drive the cost up even more for the maker to put different codes on each box and the store that sells it will need more money for a clerk to take the time to fill out a form showing who bought the ammo.
Yea! this is supposed to help curb crime, ask any street cop if he believes that and watch the laughter.
Another one is to require gun makers to imprint a raised code in the firing chamber of guns that will imprint that code on the fired shell. That will require much higher cost per gun that the gun maker will pass on to the customer. Of course the criminal will just continue to steal his guns, like he does today, and the poor slob whose gun was stolen will get a knock on his door from the cops. He better hope he reported that gun stolen or he will be going down to the station for a little chit chat with the detectives.
It is all bullcrap on lowering crime, it is just another step in making it harder for you honest gun loving folks to buy and possess guns.
Also if they pass the one about having the code on the base of the bullet, you guys that cast lead bullets will have to stop doing that as it will be a crime if you have any bullets in possesion that do not have the code on the base. No more cheap bullets for the lead casters.
I always refer to these morons as idiots that believe this bullcrap. In reality they are not idiots, they are hard core anti gun Adam Hotels that are pushing their agenda of banning guns under the disguise of lowering crime!!!

RELH

One site indicated that all pistol and assault rifle ammo was to be laser engraved with an alpha-numeric code on the shell casings.Is that like "how many angels can dance on the tip of a needle? That way the police would be able to trace brass left at crime scenes.
Of course eventually all rifle ammo would be included. So,if handloading is outlawed how would I be able to use my elk rifle(a 338 Edge) for which there is no factory ammo?
Then by 2011 all handloads and unmarked ammo are to be destroyed.
Are the going to reimburse me for that bit of foolishness?
I think all gunowners-I hear that means 3 out of 4 Americans- should strongly object and contact their lawmakers about this fiasco.

All handloads destroyed? Yeah, I'll be sure to get rid of mine. Seems a little hard to enforce. Herb, pm me about your Edge. I like the idea. mtmuley

This is all happening and you are considered a NUT if you say things like this:

Thomas Jefferson (1743?1826)
QUOTATION: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
jb.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-09 AT 02:27PM (MST)[p]I googled "ammunition accountability act" 4000 + hits, not one credible news source.

I went to Foxnews.com as right wing "news" as you can get, not one story on "ammunition accountability act."

I went to the WA legislature website, and sure as chit, such a bill was introduced in 2008. Would apply to pistol ammunition. Doesn't say whether it passed or not, just that it was referred to committee - clear back in Feb. of 2008 when GW BUSH was president and before the SCT had even heard argument in DC v. Heller.

RUN, don't jog, RUN to the store and buy your ammo - that is going to expire in a year anyways!!! LOL!

THE SKY IS FALLING!

PS - don't try to say its Obama's (or Bush's) fault - when its the states that are implementing the laws. Last I checked, the federal govt didn;t dictate what the states do.

No the feds did not dictate most of this. Just the states that have a majority of Dems in their state legislature. just check the states that are trying to implement this ruling and you will see that they are top heavy with democrats. As it is here in CA.
The lesson here is be careful who you vote for in your county and state Gov. They go on to congress later and take with them their anti-gun agenda.
I fine it hard to believe there is not a conspiracy among those many state legislatures due to this act being brought forward in so many states at the same time. As for the party resposible, just look at the letter "D" after their name in the state they represent.

RELH

Wake up White People! These are the same folks that are putting fluoride in our drinking water and flying black helicopters over your homes. IT?S THE NEW WORLD ORDER DAMNIT! WAKE UP!!!!!! If you don't believe this just ask yourself HOW THE HELL DID A BLACK GUY GET ELECTED PRESIDENT?????

Forward this message to everyone you know if you love freedom!

LMFAO!

RUS

Rus, you can only go so far with that "Doomsday" retort. All you have to do is check the records for congress, Fed. and state and see who have been sponsering the anti gun bills for the past 15 years. I am willing to bet that you will find the letter "D" after their name over 90% of the time. This also goes for bills that have limit hunting in areas.
If you wish to deny this, please get a new argument, that one is old and no longer valid, but then again it is possible you can not find a valid argument to repute the facts and have to resort to the old "doomsday" argument.
The Democratic part is no friend to firearm owners and hunters any way you wish to look at it.

RELH

A friend of mine has a son who is an staff assistant to a senator in Washington DC and his take on the gun law is it will not pass as alot of the Democrats have a strong conservative base and will not get re-elected if they vote for the bill. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be proactive and notify our congressman of our concerns and position.

We have seen the enemy, and it is us!

Regardless of whether the sky is falling or not, WE are causing the shortages and the price increases

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Wildsage;

You are right there is a good number of moderate Democrats that are not ardent anti-gunners. But the party has a good number of hard core anti-gunners that seem to have control overall.
I hate to admit it, a good number of those have come from my home state of CA. and that is one reason I feel it is very important to be selective on who you vote for in state elections.
I would love to see more of the moderate democrats take control of their party and we may see some improvement in Congress.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom