ATV Help Please!

buglinbilly

Very Active Member
I have a 2008 fuel injected Suzuki Kind Quad. Its always started right up and run very well. But recently its been harder to start and finally got to where it won't start. On my older machines I could alway squirt a bit of starter fluid in then and get them to start , but I have no idea on this one what I need to do. Does anyone have any ideas? I still have plenty of battery but it acts as if its not getting any gas.

Thanks to all who might have a good idea. And I will let you know what the results are. Again thanks to all and Happy New Year!

BB

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-15 AT 03:02PM (MST)[p]Then fuel and air filters....cheap, easy, and necessary routine maintenance

Is the battery at full charge? Hook up a jumper to it, if it starts fine it is the battery. It's happened to me a couple of times. Stay away from starting fluid...Kaboom.

C'mon beanman, every farmer knows starting fluid cures many things, ever inflate a tire that's lost its bead with starting fluid? :D

We got a Local that works at the Tire Shop nearby!

Ya!

He tried the Either Trick to seal the Bead!

He's missing a couple fingers along with a few other battle wounds!

>C'mon beanman, every farmer knows starting
>fluid cures many things, ever
>inflate a tire that's lost
>its bead with starting fluid?
>:D

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Lol! One of the hardest things on small engines billy, is ethanol gas. Try to find a station with ethanol free gas and keep it tuned up (plugs, filters) and you'll safe yourself alot of frustration. Ask me how I know! :D.....and not in 1 of mine either beanman!

All good responses . I tend to also go towards the jets plugged. May have happened over time but if we don't drain the carb. Or run it out of gas then there is always a chance of gummed up nettle valves and jets with all the bad gas these days. I had the same issues a few years back. Now when I gas anything up ATV, gas cans, toy hauler trailer I always put Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer they have a new one out that works for 3 yrs instead of 1 yr. that I have been able to find at a equipment/ lawnmower repair shop.

Doing this or draining the tank completely is the only way I have been able to avoid an further gas issues. Gas they sell these days sucks.

))))------->

There used to be a gal on MM by the name of bobcatbess... Get a hold of her. She was always offering free atv tuneups. She'd even travel to the back country of Utah to do them. ?

Traditional >>>------->

She's still around the High Country!

Still Tunin!

LMMFAO!

>There used to be a gal
>on MM by the name
>of bobcatbess... Get a hold
>of her. She was always
>offering free atv tuneups. She'd
>even travel to the back
>country of Utah to do
>them. ?