Atv in truck and hitch storage basket

bisblue

Hey folks,
I scored a free atv and wanted to take it elk hunting without buying a trailer or dealing with one in the field here in nevada. My only problem is fitting the big cooler in my rig.

I have a 2001 ram 2500 extra cab short bed cummins and the atv needs the tailgate down. Has anyone ever used a reciever hitch drop adapter with a hitch storage rack? This would lower it 3" down and a bit back. My truck sits on 33' tires and I'm not going to real rough areas, just to camp.

Also I am a climbing guide and want to ride up on the atv and then backpack in to hunt so I'm not bringing a big camp with a wall tent or any of that bulky stuff.

Amy ideas or advice would be great. Of course I'm hoping to find cheaper Aoptions so I can purchase some better binos as well.

Be Very Careful when Toting an ATV with the wheels sitting on the Tailgate!

Signed....................Wisz!:D

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

I have a 900 rzr trail that I put in the back of my short bed truck,I bolted(one bolt at front of bed) a 1 1/2 plywood to bed floor,keeping the plywood over the tailgate and shimmed it at the edge of the bed it keeps the weight off the tailgate,I allways back in my machine keeping the weight off the rear end and its safer when unloading,I bought the Rev arch loading ramps rated at 2100 lbs.

When you buy the carrier for the Receiver make sure it isn't a cheap one they will take a lot of bouncing around back the.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Freaking amateurs!!! Put front tires on roof of cab, or simply stand wheeler straight up. You guys and your proper crap!

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

>Freaking amateurs!!! Put front tires
>on roof of cab, or
>simply stand wheeler straight up.
> You guys and your
>proper crap!
>
>
>
>"The only thing that stops a
>bad guy with a gun
>is a good guy with
>a gun"
Hoss show us a picture

>Freaking amateurs!!! Put front tires
>on roof of cab, or
>simply stand wheeler straight up.
> You guys and your
>proper crap!
>
>
>
>"The only thing that stops a
>bad guy with a gun
>is a good guy with
>a gun"

That can also depend on what kind of rig it is. Could have fuel systems start leaking if you stand it straight up.

F'N Rookies!

19793atv1.jpg

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

>
>F'N Rookies!
>
>
19793atv1.jpg

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U.
>in My Future,Ya She's got
>a
>way with Words[/font]
>
>

Bess always having my back with photos. Gracias sir
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

If you can't fit it on atv rack, they sell 18" extensions for you 2" hitch. put that on gets you past the tail gate then you can put your cargo carrier onto that extension.
They are solid, I have one to pull my single place trailer while I have my tailgate down on truck. The extension prevents trailer from hitting tail gate on tight turns.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

It's on, BESS!

Put the cooler in the extra cab of your truck.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

>Here you go . A pictures
>worth a thousand words !
52224bedrack.jpg

>
Nice set up! forget my post I was thinking utv.

JohnT that's a heck of a rig you have there Awesome'

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-16 AT 11:34PM (MST)[p]>JohnT that's a heck of a
>rig you have there Awesome'
>
>
>Joe
>
>
>
>
>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>so long you
>think their right" - 2001
>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

Thanks Joe. But that's not my truck. ?It is a guys down the street. I have the same bed rack. Got it from that guy. My ford is a 2011 white F 250. Much cooler then that old truck. Although I had the rack on my old 2006 F 250 . I even use it when I have the Atv,s in my toy hauler. Makes it easy to throw two on the bed and be able to move around.
94372img1939.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom