ATV or Argo???

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
Any advice would be great.......
I'm looking at the 2 person/6 wheel drive Argo, very impressive but not very fast....... and the Polaris and Honda ATV's.
Good, bads, personal experience with the Argo or ATV would be best info. Thanks.....

Depends what you plan on using it for. Personally I'd probably go with the llamas...

ATV'S SUCK

TAKE DEERKINGS ADVISE,HE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!

TRY THE 'CHUTE PLANE',YOU CAN COVER ALOT MORE GROUND AND THEY'RE ALOT EASIER ON TIRES!!!(HE,HE)

A GOOD HORSE WILL GET YOU IN ALOT LESS TROUBLE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING WHEN PEOPLE WILL REALIZE A HORSE BEATS AN ATV ANYDAY???

Sure, I'll always use the llama packstring as first hunting option but in alot of states/applications I don't need the packstring when I will have ATV hunters driving into some remote area that I may have packed into. Nv., or Az. or even some Regions in Mt. or Wyo..

What makes ya think they go thru tires so badly??

They turn just like a skid loader one side brakes while the other side drives. Tire ware, tire ware, tire ware & they ride like $hit

DAMN

Skunkterd,YOU FORGOT YOUR LITTLE SAYING AT SIGN OFF!!!

PLEASE INCLUDE IT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat LMAO AT Skunkterd!!!

PleaseDear,
I would stick with the ATV, I dont think the Argo has been out long enough. As far as the polaris, Arctic cat, Honda ATV's go
Its like ford and chevy they all have there goods and bads.
my personal opinion, I like the Arctic Cat 500, not as fast as the Polaris 500(We have raced) but more low end torque and ground clearance and alot better tranny, as far as breaking goes.
I havent been around the foremans enough to judge them but there probabley really good.
I here the twin 700 polaris is just the best thing around,i also here that Yamaha 660 is awesome to. but now your in the 10,000 dollar range.

DUVY,

Argoo's have been around for 30+ years but they are still pieces of sh%&. They are excellent for going from the "clubhouse" to the "blind" but are rough riding and slow. They are a novelty item. That polaris 700 is awesome but burns more gas than my truck. Very poor range. The only arctic cat 500 I road was rougher riding than the argo but it had tons of power.

JB

My Father in Law bought a 2003 Arctic Cat 400. He is not completely happy with it. The ground clearance is great as is the independent suspension. The negatives he has experienced are leaky seals in the drive shafts that have been replaced twice in the first 1000 miles and very poor fuel economy.

I bought a 2003 Yamaha Big Bear 400 last spring and after 500 miles and pleased with it. Slightly less expensive than the Honda and a little more ground clearance, only time will really tell.

BeanMan

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-04 AT 12:05PM (MST)[p]D13er,
Is that an Argo, I seen on the outdoor channel that the guy rides up to a lake, and drives right into it, then pulls out a trolling motor and fishes off it? if it is, that is what i was talking about, the new ones.
My Arctic cat rode like a shermin tank also, but one nifty thing is the shocks have 5 settings on each one.
you have to turn them all the way down.
mine is a 03, I bought it in the fall of 02, it has 500 miles no problems yet.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-04 AT 12:24PM (MST)[p]DUVY,

I'll bet you're right about the suspension adjustments. The guy I borrowed the arctic cat from probly weighs 600 lbs, I'll bet they are set as stiff as possible.

Yeah, that's the argo I'm talking about too. They are kinda fun but aren't as neat in real life as they look....does that make any sense?

JB

D13er,

Ya, they look like slow, tire eating, bulky machines to me.
All bet they tip over easy to. I wouldn't want to not make it up a hill in one of those.

took a max 6-wheeler one year to colorado just out of curiousity.........IT SUCKED!....and I sold it as soon as I return.....unless you plan on being on a lake or in the water with them or maybe the swamp.....I would stay away......best beat of all ....argo, 4-wheeler, lama's horses......I would go with the horses if you have a place to keep them.......Dwayne

My prefered way of hunting.....but that is just me.

no expierence with argos, but i have had 2 different atv's- both kawasaki's. 1st one i bought in 2000. it was a kawasaki MULE 550, its not an atv per say but more of a utility vehicle, it had a bench seat, roll cage, 300cc 4 stroke, electric start, reverse, locking rear differential, and a tilting bed like pickup truck. mine was only a 2 wheel drive- it went anywhere i needed to go. i really used it hunting, i took it on a javelina hunt and hauled out 2 piggies from where they fell, i added a couple of extras like a locking glove box, bigger gattery, cigarette lighter adapter for goodies, and a front push bumper,camo kit with a roof. it was by far the absolute best thing i have ever owned other than my guns as far as hunting equipment goes. and until some f*ck*rs stole it- it ran perfect, no worries at all. after it was taken i was worried about even buying anything else- due to it maybe being taken as well, but i finally caved in. i bought a kawasaki prairie, 300cc, 4 stroke, 4x4, elec start, reverse, great lights, and full sized front and rear racks, tow hitch, neat stuff. i have used it since with no worries ever. it has really been the only way i could get to some animals where they ended up, with it having the racks i can haul about anything i would ever need, and it makes regular trips to the shop for its maintenance and upkeep- also on both i made sure i got the best warranty they offered- free filters and oil for life, battery replacement, off road tire package- and then added the gunk to stop flats. i guess its up to the person who needs one, but i think the kawasaki mule is the best all around atv- with the options you can get on them/for them- you really cannot go wrong. kawasakis have never let me down- or stranded !! but to each his own i guess
MICHAEL WAITE, MARANA, AZ.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom