Auodad Hunting?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Anyone on here ever hunted Auodad? Looks like it could be a fun hunt, but mostly on private land, in Texas. Which means outfitted. Any recommendations?

There are some good public land hunts in TX and NM also. Depends what you want to do. Couple great outfitters on Texashuntingforum for West Texas, and reasonable too.

I've hunted public land in NM. Also looked at a lot of West Texas free range hunts. Shoot me a PM if you're intrested in either and I point you in the right direction.

Anybody got a recommendation for a private land DIY aoudad hunt in West Texas? I want to bring my 2 adult sons and hunt sometime in February of March of 2024

Anybody got a recommendation for a private land DIY aoudad hunt in West Texas? I want to bring my 2 adult sons and hunt sometime in February of March of 2024
Highwest Outfitters are hard to beat. They’re expensive, but they consistently kill rams in the 32”-36” range, and have killed 2 that hit 39”.

I'm not really a trophy hunter. I just enjoy the hunt itself and the chance to explore new territory. I would opt for a less expensive option in exchange for lesser quality, given that I will be paying for 3 hunts. Thx for your help

Maynard creek in Roosevelt Texas is a good place. I have hunted whitetail out there a couple times. They offer auodad hunts as well as axis deer and a couple other exotics

Why do all new MM guys just pull up an ancient post and bring it alive to ask a question? Do they not know that they could start their own thread? Sure a lot of that recently.
I guess I’m kinda opposite than many. I would rather they dig up some old posts before making a new thread. Lots of answers to be found to questions with a little digging.

I guess I’m kinda opposite than many. I would rather they dig up some old posts before making a new thread. Lots of answers to be found to questions with a little digging.
Well SS, I'm most happy when they start with looking on their own and then ask informed questions. The posts that get under my skin most are the 10-20 year old posts that suddenly pop up renewed and I read halfway through before I realize it's ancient news.
For sure, I'm getting too old and crotchety!

Well SS, I'm most happy when they start with looking on their own and then ask informed questions. The posts that get under my skin most are the 10-20 year old posts that suddenly pop up renewed and I read halfway through before I realize it's ancient news.
For sure, I'm getting too old and crotchety!
Oh man that’s happened to all of us! The worst is if you are reading the comments without seeing who posted it. Many times I’m like “what an ******* reply” and then I see it’s me!

Mike at WTHO is the one to call. 915-328-0645

I did 2 bow hunts in TX. Private property self guided ands no fence. Lots of fun and I was lucky to kill on both trips. It was my experience that they do not taste very good. Decorated by my wife for Halloween

IMG_2839.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom