austrailian poachers

madmoose

anybody read the article about this? in short a couple austrailians have been coming to s.e. idaho for 20 plus years, killing animals and leaving meat to waste, out of season and acting as a guide. repots of this abuse generated by local sportsmen about the bunch 20 years ago...now.finally nabbed.
in the aticle, 20 year investigation in the making! they get dinged 5000 and loose there lic.forever...REALLY????? 20 years for that? money and effort well spent. good ol atta boy. wtf to that.
sorry. had to vent....

The news initially said there was quite a fine (over $100,000 collectively for all 3). I haven't heard the latest, but did hear similar stories from people who have run across them in the field over the past several years. Sort of disheartening if they only get a minor fine if they have been abusing the rules and wasting game/guiding etc. Where was the latest info published?

isnt that a JOKE 20 years hell they have solved murder cases in less time than that !!! I read the stories they were on the F&G site & also in the Id statesman..1 guy was fined around $6000 the 2nd around $5500 & the 3rd an 18 year old kid $2300 they lost 3 rifles & also forfeited $16500 in $$ they posted for bond..2 were given life revoking of liscense privelges & the kid like 3 or 4 years...yeah it is a complete JOKE...I have said forever throw their asses in jail for a few years {make wildlife crimes a felony} & I would just about guarantee ya these poachers would think a little harder about it...in my eyes they are no better than a THEIF they are stealing from US....

is this the same case that is being done in elmore county or is there another one. as far as i know elmore county is not in s e idaho

but it is bs it takes so many animals to build a case thats so many fewer animals for us to take legally

These guys spend more money coming over here to hunt each year than what they were fined. It's sucks finding out these guys were basically hunting the range just above where I hunt.

sorry id hunter, it is elmore county. i thought i had read a blurb stating s.e.... the troubling thing for me is 20 years, little fines and the publicity that fish and game are promoting, PATTING THEMSELVES ON THERE BACK FOR JOB WELL DONE. unreal if you ask me. what example are they trying to show? who are they trying scare? impress? i bet the fines paid would be a mere fraction of what was spent on catching these guys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom