Awesome Wyoming

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
I've hunted Wyoming 15 of the last 20 years and the state Wyoming and its people never seem to amaze me. This is a response thread of the Rawlins thread where a lot of people seemed to really rag on Wyoming.
My wife an I just spent 3 weeks throughout the state looking at different towns to retire in as well as a week scouting 57 which I have an antelope permit in this year. Just a few things that happened to me in the Rawlins area. My wife an I were just using a window mounted spotting scope but were visible from the highway probably a 1/2mile off 789 a highway patrol officer stops to talk, ends up giving me great information. Also an invite to hang an antelope in his garage when the season comes. Every oil field guy I talked to wanted to help and give advice on where they perceived the big one to be. ( Warning many of they can't tell an antelope that would score 60 from one that would score 85) The point is they were honest friendly and trying to be helpful. I pulled in to a hotel an the roughest pipe line workers were outside drinking a beer. I hesitated about getting a room with the looks of the other guest. After I checked in a knock on the door and would I like to join them for a beer led to an interesting evening. I could go on but this thread is too long already. I know most of the western states are the same. Do they have a lot of low life's maybe but I haven't ran in to very many. My experience is they have a lot of people that work and play very hard. Thank you residents of Wyoming.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-10 AT 01:16PM (MST)[p]There are some great people in Wyoming and in every other state in the country. A lot of times it will depend on how you present yourself to others.

Bloomgreen I'm sorry but I think you misread what I was intending to say. My point was from the thread on Rawlins. It was mentioned they had a lot of drug addicts and lowlife's. I was simply stating I didn't find this to be true. Thus the title Awesome Wyoming. I live in a town of 600 and I'm sure we have the same % of both as most places in this country. I will reread my thread to see if I screwed up my typing which caused confusion.

I wrote "Do they have a lot of lowlife's maybe but I haven't ran into many." This was in in reference to what was previously posted in the Rawlins thread. I couldn't agree more it is how you present yourself. Reread what was written I think you misinterpreted it.

I don't really see how I could have presented myself better. But this was my attempt at a positive post on Wyoming its towns and its people so I'll just leave it there.

Best Regards
Rick

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-10 AT 02:36PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-10 AT 02:32?PM (MST)

You presented yourself well to the Wyoming residents and it paid off! Glad you had a good experience! I too have met some great people in WY. Cheers!

Jared

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom