AZ 19A- Archery

slowbow

I drew 19A North, and plan to start scouting next week. The first archery season starts on 8/15. Any tips or advise on the area would be greatly appreciated.

Slowbow

First off, so you don't get in trouble, 19A North doesn't have any archery tags. So, if you drew an archery tag then you probably have a 19A South tag. If you drew a muzzle loader of rifle tag then you might have a 19A North tag. What hunt number did you draw?

You won't have any problems finding the bucks, they are everywhere. Trying to get within a 100 yards of them will be the challenge.

It is very dry right now, but monsoons will be coming soon, hopefully. The one year that I had that tag, I spent every weekend perfecting my blind, and building new a backup blind. There were many bucks coming by them everyday. A week before the opener, it rained every afternoon and I sat in the blind for a week straight without a single buck coming in.

Thosebucks in that unit have seen everydecoy ever made. So, I would not try that unless it is a last resort. The eastern side oftheunit has fewer animals, but more cover for stalking.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom