AZ Mule Deer Pics

quest

Very Active Member
This years hunt was great! Hope you enjoy!

472a9979064edb0b.jpg

472a9b030db4a3f3.jpg

472a9b821022a6aa.jpg

Quest, I think that should have been a catch and release there buddy, too small!

When I get back from taking my step-son huntting I'll try to post on the details gilamonster8. But I will say I'll give a lot of credit to fugitive and 264x300 for all the info they gave to me.

Well, I see you got him. Send me a PM and let me know where. I just spent three days walking the rocks and seein' does. Saw one spike bedded down, but I'd rather have an empty tag than take a baby.

Congrats on your nice buck. Like to hear where you took him in a PM.

264X300

Looking forward to your info. That is a nice buck for that area. My best is a 3X4 with an 18 1/2 spread and the guy I hunt with also has a 3X4 with a 21 1/2 spread. Both have very similar racks, but they were taken four years apart. There are some nice bucks in there, but the AZGFD issued 600 elk tags along with 550 - 600 deer tags the past few years so the place has been over run with hunters. I didn't even bother with opening weekend this year to avoid the overcrowding and the constant buzz of atv's.

A ranch hand told us in 2005 a rooky hunter took a 9X11 nontypical, but that was unusual for the area. I once saw a nice 4X4 similar to yours while on a scouting trip in the late 90's, so I know a few are in there. Mostly forky's and three points is the norm.

Hunted Thur - Sat the last weekend and saw a lot of does, but no bucks worth taking. I plan to hunt Colorado elk exclusively next year and just apply for points in AZ. Eventually I should draw a nice AZ elk tag when I decide to apply for one. Five points and counting.

Probably will not apply for an 18B tag again until 2009.

Again, Congrats on your success and I'm anxious to hear the details.

264X300

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom