AZ Results Are In

NO DRAW FOR ELK OR DEER FOR ME GOOD LUCK TO ALL NON-RESIDENT AND RESIDENT APPLICANTS.NEXT YEAR WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING.

Not drawn for either elk nor deer.
Good thing I drew Bull Elk in Colorado.

My wishes of good luck go out to all fellow Monster Muley members, friends, and family.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

I didn't draw... again. Oh for four.

But Jim Zumbo did draw. That celebrated outdoor writer and elk hunting celebrity who is featured prominently on USO's website drew an "additional" bull elk permit for Unit 10.

Maybe Jim can get USO to guide his Arizona elk hunt and film the spectacle for the next edition of Realtree Outdoors.

Jim... here's to you.

Who is Stan Potts?
Pruney,
Where have you been the last couple of years?
I did not draw, but one of the crew did. Will you be coming out for the event?

WELL LETS SEE: ELK 6 PTS, DEER 6 PTS = NO TAGS. ZUMBO GOT MY TAG,I THINK I'LL HAVE A COORS LITE-- AND HOPE FOR 2005. TAKE ER EASY, YD.

Stan Potts is/was a well known hunting outfitter from Idaho. In addition, he is an all-around great guy... as I suppose are Zumbo and the rest.

On to next year.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-04 AT 09:21PM (MST)[p]This unsuccessful thing is getting old. Had 9 points for elk and maximum points for deer and still no tag! Even have that additional Hunter ED point. I could be the only one in the barrel it seems and somehow I wouldn't get drawn. Good luck to everyone else. I hope your luck is better than mine.

30 INCH, I'LL BET THE FARM YOU'LL GET DRAWN REAL SOON-- YOUR POOL HAS GOT TO BE REAL SMALL. POP A TOP, TAKE ER EASY. YD.

AZBoy 0-4
AZBoyjr 0-4
MissAZBoy 0-4
Can any one tell me what the cost of living is like in Canada

Hey guys there's still hope! Maybe Jeff Foxworthy or Jim Zumbo won't have the funds on their credit cards to pay for the tags!!;-)

I drew a 19A deer tag
bro dew a 6A gen bull tag
both uncles drew unit 9 archery bull tags

Conch,

Where have you been the last couple of years?

Let's not go there today...this is a family forum positive thread (so far).

I did not draw, but one of the crew did. Will you be coming out for the event?

Yes, I will try to work some time off in November. We will see how long it takes me to double lung a Dutton bull. You got me a big one scouted yet?

I guess I better get the amana box licensed! Are we still on for a round of golf next week?
Oh, Rambo seems pumped about the whole thing! I hope we can keep him off the trigger long enough...LOL!

Nothing for me. I can almost live with that because I was already pretty expecting that and much planning on a trip down to Cabo. What really bites is my son not getting a tag. He has not done that much hunting and it is just going to get worse. I will just keep putting him in for primo tags and hopefully before he grows to old he can draw a quality hunt. I just wish I could turn back the clock for him and make the tags a little easier to come by. At least a good friend's son drew a sheep tag so Iget to do a little glassing and help him out.....Arrowzonian

I didn't draw anything , thank God .
I'm a non-resident and it just wouldn't be right given the current situation . You Arizona residents who have young sons or daughters who don't draw , make sure you send a big thank you to USO and their clients .

BAN OUTFITTERS TAGS !!!

START WITH USO !!!

Stan Potts is from Illinois.

I was o-fer-4 in Arizona. Ended my draws 2 fer 40. Drew Utah bison and Illinois deer.

Zim from NW Indiana

Zim,
Now you can focus totally on your Utah bison hunt. Good luck and have a great experience. I too was shut out in AZ, as a resident, for any tags. Brutal. One of the folks in our hunting group did draw a buffalo tag. Didn't hear if its the House Rock hunt or the Raymond Ranch hunt yet though.

Both my teenagers drew deer tags so I'll be busy with them. One on the late west side hunt on the Kaibab, the other on a late coues deer hunt in Sycamore Canyon. I'll lick my mental wounds for a few days and begin plotting their hunts. Might have to head to Washington to hunt whitetails on a general permit.

AzBucksnort, you will at least have some quality time hunting witn your kids. Consider yourself lucky.

My bro & I drew archery bull tags on different applications for the same unit. My dad drew late bull unit 1. Hopefully we'll have lots of elk in the freezer after it's all said & done.

I drew unit 6A muzzleloader with no points. My name is on the additional draw list. I am shocked and feel guilty about drawing this tag. I feel like I am taking advantage of a lawsuit I am totally against.
Jerry

I am 0 for 4 on this years hunt, but my Dad got his 4A archery elk tag. He has been waiting a while and was due. Be just as fun to call one in for him .......if I can get my butt home for week or two.

S/F

well my boy and i drew our 5th choice rifle deer, unit 33, whitetail-arghhhh, at least were "going-a-hunting". added another point to my antelope bonus's = 5 now, maybe next year. and i drew my usual- rifle, late season, cow elk tag, in unit 10- i love the country up there, maybe this is the year i'll get a shot. oh well.
MICHAEL WAITE, MARANA, AZ.

Zero for Az
Zero for Col
Zero for Utah and
Zero for N.M.

It really does become disappointing year after year. Isn't there some saying about stupidity is doing the same thing again and agin expecting a different result? At least my buddy's 73 year old dad drew his long awaited elk tag in unit 10. He had the max bonus points and drew the trophy early oct hunt. I think I may have some fun helping him on that hunt. That will be as good as it gets for me this year since I can't hunt myself.

No elk tag for me this year---again. Tough to swallow when you realize that your chances next year will be even more slim. Well at least a bunch on non-residents (and for the record I have no hard feelings against you--except USO and its supporters)had an equal chance to draw with me based on the ridiculous fiction that the dormant commerce clause guarantees their right to have an equal opportunity to hunt so that they can sell antlers, hides, teeth and whatever else in interstate commerce--what a joke.

What a huge bummer! No one in my household drew, its hard to tell your Junior hunter no tag this year! But I know two familys that made out really good, father got archery cow dghtr got deer, father got late cow, mother got early cow! Lucky them! And then two friends put in for early bull with no bonus points first time and both got drawn!
Maybe next year!Thankfully their is archery season as least for now! Going to enjoy every minute of it! Going to take at least a full week of vacation and hopefully come back with something!
Enjoy your hunts to all that drew! To those that did, well next year will be here before we know it.
JstMe

AZBucksnort,

If I had squeeze all my time into one hunt, I am glad it is the bison. It's a one time deal and I really want it to be special. Got a great video of Pete Shepley on his hunt there so I already have a good feel for the terrain.

Very eager to see how that Kaibab hunt goes! Hope your son appreciates what a great tag that is. Are you going to hire USO to guide him, or is dad going to be forced to handle that tough chore? :)

I bet you have a blast! Be picky!

Zim from NW Indiana

ZERO tags for myself and my family. No Deer, Elk, NADA.........kinda tough to continue to teach your youngsters about ethical hunting, companionship etc....when your tagless.....guess we will still go out and practice during the season............ Allen Taylor......

Nov.unit 33 coues tag for me and a couple of buddys. Hope to get a good one.
Scottyboy

Allen I know it sucks big. Not makin jokes or anything but I drew a cow tag in 4b muzzleoader. If you and the boys want to come and help out me and my little brother you're welcome to come.
JD

Well, no elk tag this year but I drew the any buffalo hunt on the House Rock. Could not believe it or even expect to draw the tag with 3 points. Can't wait to hunt!!!! Any advice Is appreciated.

30inchbucks, I'm right there with you. I now have 10 for elk and still max for deer. Good friend did draw a 9 bull tag so I will at least get to tag along.

Foxworthy and Zumbo both drew Hunt #3025, a Gen. Elk in Unit 10 with Nov. 19-25 dates.
Charles Yeager drew a Hunt #3121, an Archery Bull tag in 5A. DID NOT KNOW OLD CHUCK HUNTED WITH BOW. Could be a different Yeager.
Roy Lerg, a Guide from Nev. drew a Hunt #3134 which is also Archery tag in Unit 10.

Brian

In addition, Stan Potts(NAm. Whitetail), Dwight Shuh, and Scott Limmer(CO outfitter) drew.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Jerry,
Go and enjoy your hunt! Don't feel any remorse, seriously, AZ residents don't "hate" non-resident hunters. In fact, I sense a movement afoot from a lot of residents to actually help NR hunters out this year to get their elk without the aid of any of the out-of-state outfitting services. I bet if you post a request for help on your muzzleloader hunt you will get back sincere offers to help from AZ residents. Try it.
Good Luck on your hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-04 AT 11:08PM (MST)[p]Zim,
I know you were joshing about the USO thing. Yeah sure, why would I hire the clueless to guide me in a unit they know less about than I do? Do you really think Mr. Taulman has any idea about hunting the Kaibab or the Strip? There are super guides available to squire a hunter around the Kaibab, I just don't believe any of them are in the employ of USO. With more NR hunters in the unit this year that may change, hopefully so for those who have hitched their wagon to USO's train.

'Nuff about that. My son is pumped to hunt the unit. We've been in it quite a bit and have some favorite spots to hunt. He's 17 and has one previous deer to his credit, a forkie from Utah, so he's looking for a nice 4 point. He'll take what God offers, hoping for a buck with some mass and long, dark tines. I can tell you this, he'll hunt in remote country, eat good, sit some quality time around a campfire, and sleep soundly at night. Does it get any better than that?

I saw that video about the buff hunt. Looks like a challenging experience. I love that lonely, windswept, rimrock, red clay country you'll be in. Drink it all in Zim and have a fantastic time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom