AZ Strip Cougar Kill !!

I'm not trying to be in azz, but we've heard that before. Just post the pictures and the story and we'll be done with it.

I got home tonight, contacted the 13b unit manager Luke thompson, so that he can scrutnize the kill and give me the authorization to bring home the cougar kill . Heading out again Monday likely w/ the unit manager .

Well Yippee aye Yay for ya...

And what was the point of you making this post NOW then?

Some folks just need a bit of attention to feel validated in life, and it doesn't seem to matter what kind...

Well here ya go, Mighty Mite, Go git 'im! :)

I have a feeling your reputation by most even on here is going to make your Mule Deer outfitter experiance a short one.

I thought you dont know how to post pics?

anyways we all will never see any from this joker

Greatwestern and whitegoat , I'm not going to rebuttal w/ you two . If you want to call me a clown Greatwestern, so be it, fine by me , I'm not going to mock you in any shape or form as I don't do that to anyone else period . Whitegoat, I'm not too worried about my reputation, but thanks for your concern . Anyways, I'm sure it's kiling you all that I'm holding out on the pics, I'm doing so for a reason . If I show the pics, the backdrop of the pics could easily give away it's location to those who know the AZ Strip well and could easily go and get it w/o going through the legitimate process . I talked to Luke Thompson (unit manager) and sent him several pics and he is going there tomoro and not returning until wednesday . Now, My father has been fighting alzheimers for 8 years, and as of Friday is on Hospice, due to pneumonia and is expect to go soon . My 96 yr old grandma was put on hospice Friday as well , stage 4 cancer w/ pneumonia and is only days away of going . My mother to say the least is in bad shape over all this. My Grandmas Bday was today in fact . Did we celebrate ??? No . My brother was deploying to Afganistan on the 17th for his 4 deployment . That's postponed . My older brother is flying into LasVegas tonight from okinawa japan . Depending on the events that take shape in the coming few days will determine when I post pics . Though it won't be any sooner than wednsday . I'd like to share these pics w/ everyone just as much as you'd like to see them . It's not the biggest buck on the Strip, but I'm happy w/ it and it would certainly make any of you happy. But the irony of the experience is the story itself and the events that had unfold being w/ my brother . Anyhow, thank you all . Mike Foote .

So what exactly is the point of this thread? You say you have all these reasons of why you wont post any time soon, so why not wait until you will post pics to even start the thread?

If I was in that situation the absolute last thing I would be doing is chasing mule deer around the strip, checking my cameras, and possibly leading WM's out into the field to pick heads up..

So I don't feel sorry for you if your dumb enough to be running around on the strip while you have 2 extremely ill family members..

I feel bad for your family and appreciate your brothers service, but this solidifies that your a jack a$$

Just got a phone call to meet up w/ Luke Thompson, so I'm heading out w/ my brothers in a half hour . But here it is , sorry for holding back for so long just keeping you all on edge is all ...lol . J/K . Anyways, the story behind this experience. Just over a week ago,, my fiance and went out to retrieve my trail cameras, and my trail camera was on the orange post in the back ground. while we were getting the cameras obviously this dead buck was not there, but as we were riding my Garmin 550T had bounced out of my ATV bags . So the primary reason to be out there on this last trip was to se about locating my Garmin . But as my brother and I head to the Strip, to my surprise there is still about 10 inches of snow, so I'm thinking all along, this is going to be a waste of time being out there . Well since we were out there anyways and my brother has never been out there we just decided to proceed and make are rounds to the water catchments I had been to the day I lost my Garmin . You can only imagine how shocked I was to come up on this dead buck, just inches away from the water and I was thinking all along, if only my trail camera was there for just an extra week, I could only imagine seeing what took place on camera . In fact I had pictures of the cougar that was frequenting this water catchment, 3 times in 2 weeks in showed up. And As we were riding along, sure and behold off the side of the road, the only patch of dirt w/ no snow cover, there's my Garmin 550T . Crazy !!!! So what a good day it was especially being w/ my Brother I had'nt seen in 8 years.
4857kill_6.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-11 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]Whitegoat, that's you not me or my family . You have no right at all to be mocking me . As a family we knew this day was coming for along time . What we do on are spare time we try to have fun even in these down times and is none of your damn business.my brothers, I have not seen them in 8 years and 11 years . For all I know I may never see them again, hence we are going out to the hills like good ole times and experiences .

Not sure what all the hostility is with you man, must be an inside story or something. It's cool that you got to keep the deadhead, and that you found your Garmin. It looks like a solid buck. You should post up some closeups of the rack if you get some time.

}}-SLIVER-->

Cool find...Thanks mike you finally followed through..

Thanks for also threatening to beat my "punk a$$ bi!?$" if you ever see me as you stated in your PM that you initiated..you even invite me "down here" so you can do it..Thanks for the invite but I tend to stay out of trailer parks.. Maybe some other time.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-11 AT 10:36PM (MST)[p]This would be mike's "Fiance" Mindy . Earlier this morning I had noticed Mike's tension level escalate after he had gotten off the computer prior to him (was going to the Arizona Strip w/ his brothers to retrieve a cougar kill that Mike and his brother found). Mike just explains that a couple individuals on this site who are talking crap, now I understand what exactly Mike is talking about and I don't know why Mike continues to frequent this site and shares what he truly loves and enjoys, other than he has a genuine passion for giant bucks and the Arizona Strip and Mike is one who cares to share his passion w/ others . Mike did not make it to the Strip, Mike soon received a call that his father is soon to pass on as they've reduced his oxygen . Mike has been there all day by his fathers side . Whitegoat, Mike did not threaten you in anyway , his way of saying "come on down here we'll see who the jacka@@ really is". That is his way of saying lets go shed hunting or scouting . He's done that once before and will take someone again . Just ask him, and Mike will take you . Mike is likely the most humble guy you'd ever meet . But if I could convince Mike, I'd tell him to never share a thing on here again . 95% of the time I'm w/ mike on the Strip setting up cameras putting up w/ his awnery a$$ when he is exhausted etc etc . We've compiled 100's of pics of giant deer , some he'll share some he won't . The whittmoore 270 buck , the 285 hack canyon buck I will unveil since there dead . But lot's more . Mike is down to earth as they come . Well Mike will like seeing this . LOL LOL . wish me luck . Mindy. P.S His father has just passed away minutes ago .

Mike/Mindy,

You must understand something...there is a long history on here of folks claiming to be 'in the know', pontificating about their insights/photographs about the Strip. It has become a bad joke of sorts...something to idly cackle about :)

Now, my jocular interjection pertains to the notion that if so-and-so is going to go on and on about how they have a bunch of nice pictures to show WITHOUT putting them up INITIALLY, well, it just leads to the sardonic speculation that it ain't nothin but a lot of fanciful rhetoric

I can almost guarantee that NOBODY around here is grabbin' the edge of their seat just a hopin' ol' Mighty Mike is gonna come through with his 'promises'...nah, it ain't really that important either way

I also have my own strong opinions about the use/abuse of automated image capturing, but we'll just leave that one alone for now ;)

The point is: Ya either put up, or...well, I'm sure y'all know the rest

Anyway, I hope the family finds themselves healthy and happy again soon...and I mean that with all sincerity

Best of Luck

Adam Simms

My prayers are with you Mike, My your dad RIP.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wow is all I can say oh and thanks Mindy. LOL . I have not been able to get on here since yesterday morning after I posted up the pics . Just minutes afterwards, I received a call my father was going so I postponed my trip to the AZ Strip to retrieve the deer head . My father passed last night just after 9pm . My grandma passed this morning just after 10am . So I've been ping ponging back and forth from one Health care center to the next . You know i get back on here and see comments or false accusations being made of me . Making threats ???? I'm the last person to threaten anybody and my PM too Whitegoat has nothing in it as for being a threat . My comment was insinuating that I can prove him wrong and show him up . Last year someone here was calling me out talking crap. I invited him on a shed hunt trip to the Strip . 3 months later he took me up on the offer . We went out and I decided to see about locating a buck I dubbed "Double T" due to his double upside down tripods . This buck was on M&M pond by poverty MT . This kid or guy found his previous year sheds scoring roughly 202". All I'm trying to say is I'm on here to become friends w/ all and have made good friends or acquaintenance's . But w/ all the crap comments, I'm likely disengage from all this because I'm trying to make good of all I do and do for others . But again as others get on here and see these degrading remarks they don't want any part of the topic or website . We'll see . But I do need to get out on the Strip . When I'm out in the mountains is where I'm at peace, hence thats where I belong . But Funeral services for my father and grandma is on the say day and location at the same time . Seriously , what are the chances of that happening ???? In all honesty, I'm glad it's over and there is no more suffering.

AZ, sorry to hear about your losses of your Father and Grand Mother.
Nice buck you found, hope you get to keep him...if you need someone to go shed hunting with PM me.

NMBIGHORN

I lost my Dad on 9/11 and he was just shy by 5 days of making his 89th birthday. I can't imagine losing two close relatives like you did within hours of each other. My prayers are with you and don't listen to a lot of the BS that goes on here or at any other site because that's all it usually is!!! Peace Bro!!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom