AZsheep 46B

T

toddrice

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-03 AT 07:40PM (MST)[p] I'm back from AZ and what a trip it was. The Cabeza Prieta is a really cool place, I could talk for days about some of the wonderful things we saw and experienced. I had a friend of mine pack myself and three friends about 6 miles into the wilderness. He used 6 horses and made two trips in, with food and water for almost a weeks stay. We saw 6 to 10 sheep a day, but only young rams. I killed the largest sheep we spotted about 6 miles from camp and 12.23 miles from our trucks!!! He is not a huge ram, 158 B&C and 8 years old. I have taken some high scoring animals in my hunting years ( 3 B&C ) BUT THIS RAM IS BY FAR, MY MOST EARNED AND TREASURED TROPHY!
If someone could help me with posting a pic and a short video of the ram being shot at 80 yards, You can see what a beautiful ram he is.
P.S. For anyone of you who has the fortune to draw a AZ sheep tag, You will find that there will be alot of great people who open their arms and help you. From the AZ G&F people (who I have never had a great relationship with!), the AZ Desert Sheep Society ( Brian Dolan ) other guides ( Pete Cimellaro/Mark Bool)
and past hunters. What a blast Todd Rice
Fox Island, WA.

Congratulations on your ram. Can't wait to see the pix/video. I can post pictures but don't know much about video. I know there are others here who can.

Congatulations! Those sheep sure do mean a lot when you have to put in an extreme effort to get one. I'm glad you scored. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Todd,
Great Job on your ram, sounds like you had truly a hunt of a life time, can't wait to see the pictures. I'm glad you finaly posted your results been checking each day for the last week to see howyou did.

Great job Todd on a great ram. You earned it. Sounds like you had an experience that will last a lifetime. Once again congratulations!

Todd, send me an email of your ram picture to [email protected] I will help you post it.

How many megabytes is your video? Email will reject larger file sizes, but I have an email that will accept huge attachments (not the fixedpower one). If your email can handle it, I can help. Let me know and I can get this done for you.

In the mid 90's did you write an article in Trophy Hunter about a big bull elk you killed? Maybe in NM or AZ? I can't help but remember names from all sorts of places. Just wondering. Amazing that was 8 or 9 years ago.

I just moved from Seattle in June, BTW.

Great looking ram, Todd!

todd_rice.jpg

NVBighorn,

Well said, I was thinking the same thing. They usually look smaller but this one looks awesome.

ToddRice,

That is a great ram and that is awesome country. Congratulations.

JB

Todd, great looking ram. I think it is great that someone from here on MM.......Mark Bool...Helped out. I remember when you were asking about this hunt and Mark jumped in with some info. Glad to hear it all worked out great........... Allen Taylor......

Todd,

Congrats to you on a great looking Ram, what a beauty. Are you going with a full mount or shoulder?
Great looking picture by the way too.

Brian

Thanks again guys, Allen have you heard anything about Pete and Mark's client in 46B ? Brian, I plan on a shoulder mount to go with the other sheep I have. I have only one life size (Brown Bear) mount, and when I someday get my Grand Slam I would like to have all four sheep on one wall! Todd

Todd,
Congrats man! That is a beautiful ram. It's neat how the tips are intact and flare out kinda like a Stone sheep's horms. looks great and sounds like you earned it.
Jim

Todd, I havent talked to Mark for a couple days so I havent heard. Again, nice ram and congrats on the hunt....... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Todd...one really fine looking ram. Congrats, all rams are well deserved.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Great Ram Todd, congrats!!!

Love the red colored horns that the 46's are known for.

There use to be some super rams in 46B but i think with the Illegals contaminating the little water there is has hurt the sheep numbers.

Todd:

What a beautifull animal. Nice Job!!! I only dream of getting drawn in Washington. I shared with my wife the other night of a goal of hunting dall sheep in Alaska before I'm 50. She was ok with it, so worse case senerio I'm looking at 9 years max.
Good Post!

Todd hi it's Dom awsome job pete told me about it at a meeting we had the other day.It coulden't of happened to a more deserving person.Keep in touch maybe we'll go hunting again together.
Dom

Thanks again guys! Hey Dom, what is Julius up to and how did Pete and his hunter do in the Cabeza? Todd

Nice sheep, Todd. Sounds like a fun hunt taking the horses across the desert. Hope you don't start a trend that all the Zonies move to WA so they get drawn for sheep. Didn't Marvin have that tag a few years ago? Again, congrats.

Doug/RedRabbit

Yes I did Dom. I'll try to call Julius in the next few days.
Hope you have a great x-mas and a happy new year!
Sincerely Todd Rice

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom