B&C Archery Antelope

wybighorn

I've already posted this in the Wyoming section but, I thought I would post it here for those who love to hunt antelope like me.

I've asked a lot of questions on MM and I guess it is time that I shared something and give a little back. Here is the buck that I took during the archery season last year. He has an official score of 81 6/8 B&C and is in the summer issue of Fair Chase magazine (the official magazine of Boone and Crockett). My buddy (bucklover here on MM) and I spotted this buck during the summer of 2009. I was lucky enough to draw a tag in 2010 and decided that I wouldn't settle for anything else. After a long day waiting for the buck to come to water. My son spotted the buck on a small ridge above the waterhole. We came up with a quick plan and after a careful stalk the buck was mine. Even a year later it is beyond words to describe how awesome it was to have both my father and my son there to share such an awesome hunt. I can't thank my good friend enough for something that I'll always remember, Thanks!

4187antelope2.jpg

7913antelope1.jpg

7715antelope3.jpg

2538antelope4.jpg

Congrat's great looking Lope. Sounds like a great family hunt. Lots of memories for a lifetime. Thanks for sharing :)

)))).......>

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-11 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]

Here are some photos I took of him before the season opened. I was really excited to see that he had made it through another season. He was a long way away and I zoomed in the best I could but, he's still pretty small in the pictures. Still, it's cool to have some live shoots of him. I thought some people would enjoy these too. My buddy later bought a camera adapter that goes on his spotting scope. We'll have to try that out this summer!

5369pict0568.jpg

6187pict0567.jpg

I am a little confused. . . Where is the shoulder mount? A buck like that deserves to be on the wall. LOL

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

The taxi said it would be about a year. We checked yesterday and he had just gotten the hides back from the tanner. He said he should be starting it in August.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-11 AT 02:19PM (MST)[p]To be honest it was a little hard for me to take him to the taxi. Just because of the price involved. In the end, I had to convince my wife(who isn't a fan of me hunting) that I was getting him mounted. I know she's not excited to see him again but, I can't wait! The guy that is doing him is a little more expensive but he does a fantastic job.

Women are easier to come by than an 81" pronghorn! JK

I'm sure you two will compromise and get things worked out.

That toad should be on the wall! Tell her I said so! LOL

Zeke

Thanks Zeke! Hunting is our "thing." We seem to get into it every hunting season. She doesn't really understand what it means to me. I'll share come pics of the mount when it's done. My only fear is that it still may be awhile yet.

Waiting to get a critter mounted isn't all bad. I still have a handful of things that need to get mounted. You need to decide if the hassle with the wife is worth mounting your pronghorn.
You should do it when you get a chance.
Again, congratulations on a great buck!
Good luck in all you do.
Zeke

Goats make beautiful mounts. Deer are kind of boring with their brown hides so I get all my euro, but my first antelope i have a shoulder mount of and it looks great!

And outstanding goat! Holy prongs batman!

Great buck man. Those prongs are unreal. Hes got an awesome shape to him. Congrats!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom