B&C Archery Antelope

wybighorn

I've asked a lot of questions on MM and I guess it is time that I shared something and give a little back. Here is the buck that I took during the archery season last year. He has an official score of 81 6/8 B&C and is in the summer issue of Fair Chase magazine (the official magazine of Boone and Crockett). My buddy (bucklover here on MM) and I spotted this buck during the summer of 2009. I was lucky enough to draw a tag in 2010 and decided that I wouldn't settle for anything else. After a long day waiting for the buck to come to water. My son spotted the buck on a small ridge above the waterhole. We came up with a quick plan and after a careful stalk the buck was mine. Even a year later it is beyond words to describe how awesome it was to have both my father and my son there to share such an awesome hunt. I can't thank my good friend enough for something that I'll always remember, Thanks!

4683antelope2.jpg

3177antelope1.jpg

2233antelope3.jpg

4523antelope4.jpg

When we spotted this buck, Wybighorn named him Shorty. After seeing this buck, Wybighorn's son and another friend asked why he got the name, Shorty. We just told them it was because he wasn't. Actually when we first spotted him, his prongs stood out so strong, that it made his tops look short. It was an honor to be a part of this whole experience, just as it is an honor to be considered a friend to Wybighorn. Some of you know what a special feeling it is to keep track of a particular buck for several years, especially on public ground, and then be able to bring it home.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-11 AT 11:12PM (MST)[p]That is one super buck to be proud of! Those prongs look like they are almost 7"! Congrats!

Great buck, and harvested with a bow!!! Very Impressive. Would love to see some field pics.

Here are some photos I took of him before the season opened. I was really excited to see that he had made it through another season. He was a long way away and I zoomed in the best I could but, he's still pretty small in the pictures. Still, it's cool to have some live shoots of him. I thought some people would enjoy these too. My buddy later bought a camera adapter that goes on his spotting scope. We'll have to try that out this summer!

5369pict0568.jpg

6187pict0567.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom