Back Door?

accubond

I had a friend just call me and he said he went in the back door to check the status of his elk tag. He said he has a 591, does this mean he drew and is it possible for the back door results to be here this early?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

I checked on my NR deer tag and it said 4XX App on file, so it looks like that draw hasn't happened yet.

I checked my deer also and saw the same as you. If I remember correctly the elk was posted before the deer last year. Did anybody on here put in for the elk draw and try checking through the back door yet?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

I just checked mine and it says 2010-488 Non-resident elk app
So any ideas on what that means ?

That means you applied for elk. If you draw, the number will be 500 something and say non-resident permit.

Patience, guys, we will all know soon enough.

Whats the "back door" and how do I check it?

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

B_2_H
Just go on the DOW website and go thru the process to "purchase a Habitat Stamp" (you don't have to actually complete the purchase). At the bottom of the page it will give you the status of your applications.
I just checked for myself and my two sons. It still only indicates that we submitted applications.

>I had a friend just call
>me and he said he
>went in the back door
>to check the status of
>his elk tag. He
>said he has a 591,
>does this mean he drew
>and is it possible for
>the back door results to
>be here this early?
>
Nope, there is no way he has a 2010 elk tag result this early. Ain't gonna happen. Bull moose maybe but not elk. maybe he got all worked over his turkey tag thinking he hit the elk lpottery on a unit 2 bulll tag...

Yeah, he must have misread something. He put in for a unit 10 tag with 18 points so he is little anxious.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-10 AT 01:33PM (MST)[p]so if it says 4xx its still pending? if it says 5xx it means you drew? what does it say if you dont draw? and what date did the back door work last yr?

I know I know patience right! yea right!

LAST EDITED ON May-14-10 AT 09:13AM (MST)[p]>Yeah, he must have misread something.
> He put in for
>a unit 10 tag with
>18 points so he is
>little anxious.
>
Yeah, i put in for a tag with 15 points and have about 30-40% draw odds. I am beyond 'anxious'...

I bet you are Khunter. I couldn't imagine having that many points. Good luck in the draw and I hope your hunt is worth points.

Wife drew a cow tag, she is thrilled, wants to go target practice this weekend. Nothing for me so I'll get an over the counter bull tag.

Hey accubond did your buddy with 18 points hit it? Dad didnt draw unit 10 archery with 16 points non resident.

COhunter-you don't know. So it could have been a 2nd choice, 3rd, etc. I'm racking my 49-yr old brain trying to remember if i even put in a drawable 2nd/3rd/4th choice.

LAST EDITED ON May-18-10 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]Ok guys help me out here please. Mine says 480 elk app and 490 deer app.
My sons says 594 youth elk and 492 youth deer app. What does all that mean?? Nothing we applied for has any of those numbers in the hunt code.
The only one out of all our application that doesnt say app at the end is my sons elk. It just says 594 youth elk. but he didnt apply for a elk unit wit a 5 or a 4 or a 9 in it. I dont get it.

My first choice was a draw unit, second choice was general OTC Archery either sex. My reults showed that I have a 054 either sex archery, so does that mean I did not get 1st choice and I am getting the general OTC tag?

Thanks

Muley

I just called and they told me it was my GMU 21 cow tag. Now I just need the buck tag to go with it LOL!

My boy pulled the Toupal Ranch in GMU 851

mossback - your son drew a elk tag (you didn't).

No elk tags for us - I didn't draw 76 archery with 8 points but I wasn't really planning on it until at least next year anyway.

I'm hoping my son draws his rifle deer tag this year with 3 points though.

Good luck to to all those who drew.

Yep your right, I didnt draw unit 61-1st rifle AGAIN and I had 9 res points, WTF?
My son drew his 2nd choice tag unit 81-1st. They said deer should be out next friday.

LAST EDITED ON May-18-10 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]does it say 481 app? I think you didnt get it , cuz thats what mine says also and I didnt get 61 AGAIN

Sorry for the dumb question but where is the option to "pick up awarded licences" at? Is it on the purchase habitat stamp and other licences page? Thank you!

Mine does not show anything butn a 2009 duck stamp. And I applied for elk, deer and antelope. Alomost like they did not get my apps, but they cashed the check.

All mine show is a 2009 duck stamp. It does not show any of my apps, elk, deer and antelope. I know they got them they cashed my checks.

Crazy, did you click like you were going to buy another habitate stamp and then scroll down and see what apps you already have? If you did and all that is there is a duck stamp,I would be calling them asap

>If you select 'Pick up awarded
>licenses' it will show what
>tags you have drawn.

KingCrow, this is very frustrating. Did you just say this to get the rest of us all spun up? If you did it worked :), I went through the DOW page like 6 times and can't find it.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Mine is up finally, wasn't up earlier today, but now it is.
The question will be deer, if they changed my app as I requested!

Mine is the same way, Crazy4Elk. Doesn't show apps or any info where everybody else is finding their info.

The earliest you will probabaly see deer come up is end of next weekm, all just a guessing game though.

Mntman

I called the DOW and they told me the deer draw would take place on Friday the 21st.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

>>If you select 'Pick up awarded
>>licenses' it will show what
>>tags you have drawn.
>
>KingCrow, this is very frustrating. Did
>you just say this to
>get the rest of us
>all spun up? If you
>did it worked :), I
>went through the DOW page
>like 6 times and can't
>find it.
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>

Go to http://wildlife.state.co.us/ShopDOW/AppsAndLicenses/

Select Buy Habitat Stamp https://www3.wildlifelicense.com/co/start.php

Enter your info.

On your Customer Information Page you can select the applications tab, the buy habitat stamp tab, or the Pick up awarded licenses tab.

Choose the Pick up awarded licenses tab and you will be shown which hunt code you have been awarded, from which you can deduce the Unit that you have drawn.

After what feeled like jumping thru hoops I finally got an answer. I did not draw...and because they are mailed in they cannot even look to see if my deer and antelope tags are in the system.

After dealing with an issue on my wife application in WY...I must say they care more about the customer than CO's. My wife accidently tore out the deer application when she meant to fill out a antelope one. They called her to see if she wanted deer or antelope. They sent her a form to fill out and she was all ok....right back in the drawing with the rest of us. I think here in CO they would have taken the money and kicked the application out and beed SOL.

Just a little vent but I do feel better now...atleast I got my PP...on to plan B.

Thanks KingCrow, I did exaxtly as you said but there is something different when I log in. The tabs I have on my Customer information page are applications, buy habitat stamp, update address and cancel.
So I guess I was frustrated for no reason :-(

Don't know how people can see different tabs but oh well, guess I'll have to wait and see if I drew 1st choice.

Thanks again.
Mntman

so a little confused here there is two boxes under where it says below is a list of products you already have on file, the one on the left says 2010-488 non res elk app. and the box on the right say 2010-588 non res elk. so since there is both codes what would you say drawn or not?

u wont see the "pick up license" message if you have already purchased your habitat license's for the year unless you are going to be purchasing a license during that transaction. If that is the case at the end it will give u the option to pickup license's on file, then u would see what unit you drew. otherwise you just have to wait and see if its your first choice or your second.

That makes sense jd. I knew that I was not seeing that message/option. I already bought the Habitat Stamp.

As of this morning I'm still showing "481....app".

My "no draw" looks official. 8 non-residents drew area 61 1st rifle elk out of 29 applicants. Looks like I'm one of the unlucky 21.

I'll go somewhere for the 2nd OTC season and apply next year. I'll be 68 then. Seems like the birthdays are coming faster than the PP's.

Im pumped...we drew 1st rifle season bull tags.

Time to start planning for the long trek from PA.

61 first rifle for me. Hopefully its worth 9 points. I'll be livin up there this summer now. Anybody else that needs a scouting buddy let me know.

LAST EDITED ON May-21-10 AT 02:08PM (MST)[p]they told me today (friday) that we should be able to find out monday afternoon about deer

Cool,where you from r270, I wouldnt mind meeting a few local guys that have drawn the tag. I have a bit of a problem right now though that I'm trying to work out. I accidentally read the first combined season dates when I applied and just found out that openinng day is actually the day of my wedding reception. We will see what happens but I may have to give the tag back and just get my points back, and try for it next year. She seems to be seeing my side of the story so far so I hope it works out.

Muley, Muley, Muley. Tell her you are so excited to make her your wife you want to marry her in July, or early August, or February, or March. DO NOT GET MARRIED DURING HUNTIN SEASON!!!! You will deal with this EVERY year.

Putting it off until next year wont help either, it'll be your anniversary. Do what Califelkslayer says, marry her this summer or leave her.

Were getting married sep 13th. I told her I would give her that date but only as long as she let me hunt every time I had an archery tag and muzzy tag(and I also said I might get a 61 tag this year and she said go for it) and she agreed so thats why she is seeing my side right now. Looks like the date of the reception is getting moved to accomodate my hunt. I cant have a kid in march thats shed hunting time and I dont want to mess that up. No kids we are just gonna have dogs.

Hasn't anyone told you everything changes once you are married??? Listen, I got married in Oct (1st rifle season), and we have a daughter (Sept, archery) I hear it every year. What a mistake! I got married prior to moving to CO and so this was the slow time of fall in MN for me so I THOUGHT I was doing good.
No weddings, birthdays etc... between August and July. :)

In all seriousness I say nothing between August and May. That gives her a 2 month window to do what ever she wants.

Mntman

+10,000........

Don't believe her. That date will come back to bite you! Probably too late to change it now, but you will regret it sometime in the future.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON May-22-10 AT 08:55PM (MST)[p]No, it wasn't in reference to your post.

This one is though. LOL

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom