Back From Bear Camp

BCBOY

Long Time Member
Just got back from a month of being in Bear Camp. Talk about an awesome season for bruins. We definately whacked and stacked them again this year. I believe our final tally was 36 blacks and 1 grizzly. Our size really went up this season. We took a bunch of big bastards. Many over 6 feet and several that were flirting with that 7 foot mark. I actually got a bruin myself too. I was on the way home for a day off a couple of weeks ago when I whacked him. He ain't very big, only 6'8" :)
I have about 6 rolls of film that I have to get developed so I'll sharing a crapload of pics in the near future. Took lots of pics of live bears, dead bears, muleys, moose, unreal views, you name it. Saw some incredible things and have a bunch of stories to share as well. I gained a lot of respect for how smart a big ol' black can be. Had one 7 foot+ boar make a fool of me again and again. 4 failed stalk attempts on him this season. We have been hunting that boar for 3 years and he lives another year. He may just be as smart as a big ol' timber muley buck. :)

069729.gif

I THOUGHT FOR SURE HE'D GOT TO CLOSE AND GOT HIMSELF IN TROUBLE

HOW WOULD IT BE TO GO HUNTING FOR 45 DAYS???(I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER KNOW???)

DOES BC STAND FOR BEAR CITY???

SOUNDS LIKE THERE WAS PLENTY OF BEARS!!!

WELL,LET'S SEE THE PICTURES!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING AND DROOLING OVER MY HIGHLY COVETED GENERAL SEASON,OPEN AREA,OVER HUNTED,SEE NOTHING,WHEELER INFESTED,CHUTE PLANES ABOVE,BIG GAME AREA PERMITS!!!

Welcome back BCBOY!! Sounds like you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing some of these awesome bruins!!

One of these days I'll make it to Canada........

THE ONLY tuff THINKING AND DROOLING OVER MY LIMITED ENTRY BULL ELK TAG THAT I DREW WITH ONLY 2 BONUS POINTS....THAT BOBCAT IS STILL PISSED OVER!!!

(LOL!! :) )

HEY TUFF

I'M NOT MAD AT YOU!!!

I'VE GOT 8,YA I SAID EIGHT,(8),POINTS BUT NO TAG!!!

SOMEBODY MENTIONED THE DWR WAS CHECKING INTO THE MM SIGHT TO SEE WHO WAS BEING NAUGHTY AND WHO WAS BEING NICE???

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WERE BEING SUCH A NICE MM MEMBER!!!

GOOD LUCK AND YES I WANT TO SEE(PIC'S OF THE BULL) WHAT I MISSED OUT ON WHEN YOU GET BACK!!!

THE ONLY bobcat STILL WAITING FOR SOMEBODY TO PLEASE TURN THEIR LE TAG BACK IN,I THINK I MIGHT BE NEXT IN LINE!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-04 AT 08:37PM (MST)[p]BOBCAT,
I'm heading into town this weekend to get my film developed. I'll spoonfeed it to ya since I don't want to blow your mind all at one time. LOL!
I'm still being haunted by that big ol' boar. Over the 4 weeks, I put a stalk on him 4 times, with him feeding off each time and not getting a crack at him. Then came the last evening hunt for the last group of hunters.
It had been a tough week with my hunters and I only seening 17 bears. Both my hunters had 2 tags and both missed good bears earlier on in the week. One was a giant feeding broadside at 70 yards. I had finally got the one hunter a 5 foot brown with 2 days left. On the last day, the other hunter was very discouraged because he felt he blew his only opportunity. For the evening hunt, I decided to go after the big boar again since another guide had seen him the afternoon previous.
I was hunting a large hydro powerline right of way. I got up on one large hill and glassed a bear 2 1/2 kms away in the pouring rain. I said to the hunter, "Let's go!!" We stalked all the way to 20 metres and the hunter dropped the bear in his tracks. It was a 5'4" black boar and the hunter was ecstatic. His dream had finally come true. We did the picture thing then I went to work skinning. I got done and had about an hour and half left of shooting light. I said to both hunters, "Well lets go kill another bear." We packed up and headed on down the hydroline. We drive down this big hill and up the other side where I could glass a long ways out. We instantly spotted the big bastard I had been chasing all season. He was well over 4 kms away feeding on a logging road that cut through the hydroline. I drove as fast as I could and got to within 1 km of him and parked and said to the hunters "Let's Go!!!" The stalk was on once again. When we got to where he had been, he was gone. The vegetation was high, so I started glassing, thinking he had just feed into the tall grass and brush. But nothing moved. Daylight was fading and I knew the hunt was almost over. We worked our way slowly back to the truck and when I was 10 metres away from the truck, out popped the big monster right by my bumper. The sucker had circled around us and was sniffing out my truck. He started to bail and I yelled to the hunters, "Both F***ING SHOOT!!!!!" I had my rifle on him and waited for the first shot to echo and I let one fly just as he turned from the first shot in the dirt beside him. The other hunter let one fly just as he entered the timber. I ran full out down the road with the hunters following. I jumped into the thick crap and yelled to the hunters "Stay on the road and look for blood!!!" I got in there and it was a timbered swamp. Water was up to my knees. I stopped and listened, hoping to hear the monster sloshing in the water or just plain breathing. Nothing but silence. Even though light was fading fast, I was able to follow his tracks easily in the swamp grass for quite a ways. Then I started hitting dead falls that were waist high that he cleared with one simple jump each time. No wounded bear would clear them so easily. There would be blood or hair on them and bark ripped off where he would have piled into them. But no, just tracks easily clearing them. I knew the big bugger was running very healthy.
When I got back to the road, the sky opened up and it poured buckets, taking away any light I still had. But what a way to end a hunt! Tons of excitement. A hunt my hunters will remember for a lifetime. We've chased the big sneekee bastard for 3 seasons now and he lives to see yet another season. You can bet I'll be meeting up with him next year and the maybe, just maybe, he won't be making a fool of me again. :)
069729.gif

BCBOY

YA,I CAN TELL YOU WERE HAVING FUN!!!

WHATS THE CHANCE OF ME SHOWING UP NEXT YEAR JUST FOR SOME BACKUP???(HE,HE!!!)

THAT BIG LONG SNOUT ON A BEAR IS THE ONLY THING THAT SAVES THEIR A$$!!!

WELL MAYBE NEXT YEAR HE'LL BE A LITTLE FATTER,OLDER AND MAYBE SLOWER???

I KNOW YOU'LL RUB US WITH THE PIC'S,BRING IT ON!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING:IT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO SPEND 45 DAYS AT BEAR CAMP!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom