Backpack - Day use

N

nruehmeier

Looking for a new Day pack with hydration bladder for Rifle Hunting. What's everyone using?
nrueh

I use the Eberlestock "Gunslinger". It is more than large enough for all my wants. Has the hydration bladder, and the best thing is the gun scabbord which I find extremely handy while hiking in the dark and any other time I don't want to worry about my rifle falling off my shoulder.

Eberlestock X1 A1, I used to use a badlands 2200. The X1 holds almost the same but is a smaller pack on your back. The scabbord and bow holder are awesome. Most people dont like packs this big for day packs but im not exactly small and I love being able to pack out as much as possible on the first trip when an animal is down.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting HOLY SH!T WHAT A RIDE!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-23-08 AT 06:59PM (MST)[p]Badlands 2200. Great do everything pack. Can carry a rifle or bow, as well as pack out meat. Comes with plenty of pockets to keep organized. Extremely comfortable suspension. Hydration compatible. Spotting scope pocket. All this in a relatively small package. Plus it has an unconditional lifetime warranty. If anything happens to your pack, even if it's your fault, they'll repair or replace it no questions asked.

Badlands 2800. This is a daypack if you plan on killing something, or videoing a hunt. The perfect amount of space for your gear, plus packing capability. Max 4 is an added bonus. If you hunt with a fanny pack, you are looking for game, not killing game!

David Dukat
www.#####.com
www.DukatsJournal.com

Eberlestock J104 or X1. Both slightly bigger than your normal daypack but they both fit my liking.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

Go with he eberlestock, you will not regret it. I've had my for 2 years and I love it.

I just made a big decision on a larger pack and was comparing the Eberelstock J104 and J107 against the Badlands 4500 and there was absolutely no comparison in COMFORT. The Badlands packs are just flat out engineered better and designed to fit the body better and be more comfortable. And at the end of the day that is what is most important to me.

In regards to this post, I also own a Badlands 2200 and spent some serious time analyzing many of the packs previously mentioned in this post and ultimately decided on the Badlands 2200. It is just a few ounces heavier than the smaller packs mentioned, although it makes up for it in sure functionality, storage, pocket sizes/locations and overall COMFORT! This pack is like hiking around with nothing on and when you get to your destinations, you don't even want to take it off.

I have toured the factory at Badlands and watched them build these packs. The R&D along with proper Q/A analysis from hunters like you and I are definitely implemented into their packs and you can tell that all of their packs have the same common feature, they fit well and are comfortable!

2200 all the way! Let me know what you decide one.

Good luck this year!

"Hunt hard or go home!"

Eastmans has a huge write up on numerous different day packs this month. Lots of reviews on packs and info in there FYI.

I think you can access it on line..........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom