backpacks that carry rifles

forkhunter

I am looking at new packs and have seen many that carry rifles. Does anybody have one of these and has used it for such? I would like to know how stable the gun is when secured on the pack. Any help/brands would be great.

Thanks

Check out the Eberle backpacks. The "Gunslinger" may be just what you're looking for. You can find them at www.eberlestocks.com, I have one of the "Just one's" it will also carry a rifle, however, its more of a week long hunting pack. Glen's outfit make nice packs and he's completely focused on making a quality product. Numerous guys here on MM have and use Glen's packs. I used mine to pack out to 6 point bulls last year in three trips each. I think Sportsman's Warehouse may carry them.

Look at the Crooked Horn Master Guide Pack. It is a day pack and this year they added a place to carry your gun or bow. I have not tried the new pack out but I own the older style Master Guide Pack and love it. I have owned it about 8yrs now and use the heck out of it. Great quality, I packed a blacktail deer out boned last year in this pack. i would love to buy the new style just to have the gun holder.

Good Luck.

you can check them out on the web at Crooked Horn Outfitters.com

Any other questions please ask, I will help if I can.

thanks for the info so far. Do the packs you mentioned have any sort of internal frame? I have a cabela's pack that I have had for years and there is nothing wrong with it except that I want something a little more sturdy and with the capability to carry a little more weight without sagging on my back. Thanks.

I use the Kifaru Longhunter with their Gun Cradle attached. It carries your rifle in front of your right arm. It is held by a strap around the barrel and the butt in the nylon carrier. It is solid as a rock and I don't need to constantly hold the rifle. The best thing is I can get to it very quickly. I highly recommend it and would not use any other system. Take this link to it at www.kifaru.net.

Take care,
Garion

I would look into bullpacks external pack frame. Its about 175 bucks, but will never break. You can buy the rifle attachment for it, but that is another 40 bucks. Take a look bullpacks.com

All Eberlestock hunt packs are designed with the patented Backscabbard built into the pack, which is designed to let the hunter draw the rifle without removing the pack.

The Eberlestock packs are very comfortable, and outfitter tough. Check some of the previous posts on this forum about how well these packs perform.

Here are some photos of the Just One;

leapin20j105hw20exp20camosm1.jpg

th_quickdraw1.jpg

And the Gunslinger;

gs1051.jpg

Ed
www.trophyhuntoutfitters.com

I would also suggest the Eberlestock Gunslinger. I got one last year and loved it. My rifle was held very securely, had no worries about the gun coming out. Manufacturer suggests not loading the chamber while carrying in the pack, I would agree. Extremely comfortable, I also enjoyed the water bladder inside, carried more water than I can drink in a day

Stay away from the Cabelas Bow/Rifle pack. I got one last year and have been disappointed. The bow/rifle holder is on the very back of the pack and this causes the weight to pull back on your shoulders instead of down on your hips like it should be. This also caused the cheap zipper on the main compartment to rip out. I like the design of the eberlestock packs and how the rifle is between the pack and your back which puts the weight on your hips. I will be getting an eberlestock just one as soon as I can afford it.

Go to www.nimrod.com and check out there hunting packs. I use there fire packs all summer and have there hunting packs that I use all winter and I have never had a better pack in my life. A little pricey BUT WORTH IT I cant even get over it....LOVE IT.

i have the eberle X1 pack and could not be more happy with it. it stays put on my hips and carries the gun comfortable, i love it! got it on ebay for about 90$
Casey

I decided to get the gunslinger. Got it from Sportsman's warehouse. They had 10% off and I had another $10 coupon. Paid $142 for it. Haven't seen them any cheaper, but I only looked for about 6 weeks or so.

I would go with the Nimrod Pinnacle pack. It is by far the most comfortable pack I have ever worn. It is a great day pack and has a scabbard option. I also where there fire packs all summer and they are great. Great customer service as well. Just my 2 cents.
WACAT

The Kifaru Gunbearer can be added to any pack you own that has a hip belt. The butt goes into the support on you add to the belt, barell upwards under your armpit and forward. It sounds awkward but its not in the least, the gun is at the ready and comes free easilly. You can mount it either side and transfer it to any pack you use.

http://www.kifaru.net/GUNBEAR.HTM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom