Bacon Blue cheese, Butter-fried Smashburgers

Blank

Long Time Member
Big front moving in, and wind howling about 40 mph. No way I'm keeping the grill or deep fryer going today. Butter-fried burgers on the stove, and oven French fries instead.

1BB6DA7C-16C5-4151-8418-FB9FCCEDAE14_1_201_a.jpeg

80831CA9-096C-439E-A229-4A97B7279940_1_201_a.jpeg

Some folks are fans of pickled red onions, and some aren't. I find that they give me a lot more of the flavor I want, without the after taste or reflux. I love them on almost every sandwich I make.

Try them if you haven't made them at home, and I think you'll love them. Mix it all up to dissolve the sugar and salt. Pour over onions in a sealable jar. When cool, put in the refrigerator. All done!!

One large red onion, sliced thin
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup hot water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
peppercorns to taste
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (for heat)

9E0A39E0-2B8E-4BC9-8F10-A37EE6C0CBED_1_201_a.jpeg

Nope. I like onion and garlic cooked together, but minced might over power the taste I like, especially with some of the cold cuts. I might give it a try in a small amount and separate batch

That's the nice thing, I don't think there is any "wrong" recipe, as long as you like it. Sometimes I go back and forth between apple cider and white vinegar also.

I got hooked on red wine vinegar on tomato, cucumber, and white onion salads when I was over in Kazakhstan. That's about the only way they eat salad there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom