Badlands 2800 or 4500

4_Plesur

I'm having a tough time deciding if I should go with the 2800 or 4500 (I really like both), but the 4500 just seems so big. The majority of my hunts are during the day but at least a few miles back in. There are some when I will pack in and stay over night. Could I get away with having that gear and getting meat out with the 2800?

Who do you recommend buying the packs from?

For day trips and the occasional overnighter, the 2800 is PERFECT! The 4500 is so big and ou can find yourself putting a LOT in there...........remember, that if you get something it is probably coming out on your back. I have the 2200 and find it sufficient for your kind of trips. Just my 2 cents worth. As for getting one, will get back to you in a PM as I might be able to help you out.
Kelly

I just bought a 4500 and I'm pretty happy with it so far. My advice would be NOT to get the 4500 if you're going to be packing in for less than 2-3 days minimum. Either the 2200 or 2800 would be the perfect size for day or overnight trips. Remember that the 4500 weighs probably 6-7 lbs. dry weight and the smaller models are much lighter. Good luck and go with one of the smaller packs.

I have the 2800 and has been used so far as a day pack. The 2200 was smaller but is essentially one big compartment. I wanted it broken up a little more and large enough for an overnighter or two.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom