baiting

B

bucklover

I grew up in Utah, hunting there until I moved to Wyoming, at the age of 34. I just watched an episode of Pigman, where he and his crew were hunting mule deer in south central area. They talked about and were using molasses and powder baits. I didn't realize that was legal in Utah. I know it's not legal in Wyoming. Or is it legal in Utah? I have never been too impressed with his smart butted, cocky attitude. But he has recently gone to having to have blood dripping on everything he advertises. It even showed him washing up in a sink that was covered and clogged with blood. I know its over the top on purpose, but it sure didn't do anything to make me want to watch him, again. Other views appreciated.

Sounds like you may be a Master Baiter with your question trying to pit hunter against hunter. If it is legal, have at it. As a hunter WE ALL BAIT. Be it over water, grain fields, sage flats, fruit orchards, using scents,decoys or calls. They are ALL BAIT!

Richardjb, I wasn't trying to cause a fight. It is just something I haven't seen much of, for mule deer. As long as it's legal, I have no problem with it.

No big deal. I find it odd some people don't understand bait is bait, whether placed there artificially or naturally. I've used liquid bait for deer and elk in Utah. It's amazing the pictures I have got on trail cameras. Still didn't fling a arrow last year. Also rules vary from state to state about tactics to take game. Take for instance the hog problem in Texas. People are now allowed to shoot from helicopters. Some folks might find this unethical, but given the problem with hogs, it only puts a minor dent in the population. Again, I just like to get across we as hunters need to stick together and take game legally in what ever state we are in.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom