Banama Puddin'

Blank

Long Time Member
At least that's what the kids called it, and still do!! When the wife and I got married, my son from her first marriage was already 4 yrs old. He took it upon himself to teach the next two how to talk, and he had some "unique" names for things, while growing up.
1959_dancing_bannana.gif

Since those guys down South are hogging all the Blue Bell Banana Pudding ice cream down in Texas, I had to make my own for dessert tonight!! The MIL doesn't care for bananas very much, and doesn't like vanilla wafers, so she got her favorite Chessman shortbread cookies, and her side without fruit is marked.

00D3F24A-9E01-4B67-813D-AAFD8A31C048.jpeg

6F2A30BC-D933-460A-AC3E-64BB5C9F9D01_1_201_a.jpeg

2 small packages vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies
3-4 bananas, sliced thin
2 - 3.4 oz packages instant vanilla pudding
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese (softened)
2 cups milk (any kind)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 small tub Cool Whip topping

Place half of the cookies in a 9x13” pan. Set aside for later.
Whisk 2 cups of milk and 2 packages of pudding mix together for two minutes
In another bowl, mix softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk, blending with hand mixer. Fold the Cool Whip into mix, stir and no lumps.
Fold the pudding mix into the other bowl, and stir well.
Lay out half of the bananas on the cookies and cover with about half the pudding mixture
Lay out the other half of the bananas, cover with pudding. Cover with the remaining cookies, and then cover cookies with the final remaining pudding.

Chill for at least two hours, until set

Just how we do it. It really does get over-powering of banana, with the banana instant pudding, and this was a treat for the MIL who loves both plain vanilla or French vanilla.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom