Barb early Feb or late Feb

cantgetdrawn

I have a Barbary sheep tag in units 31, 32, 36 and 37. I was able to take some time off in mid February. My buddy tells me I should get out earlier in the season because they will end up on private land after the first week.

Although it will be difficult I might be able to get some time off in early February but I would have less time to hunt.

I am looking for some opinions on how important it is to get out early in February. Is it worth the trouble?

Definitely early. There is a ton of pressure in unit 32 so the earlier the better. I am not sure about the other units as I haven't hunted them. Just my two cents but I would go early if it was me.

It don't really matter early or not. I've seen 2 of the biggest rams on a day the wind was blowing 40+. Pm me I'll be out there. I'll help u as much as I can

I agree on the really windy days. It eliminates half of the country they could be in. That means it's pretty likely that you will be getting blown off the mountain glassing into the bottoms and the side of ridges that are out of the wind. Late can be as good or better in my opinion because there are less people on the public and the large private ranches in that area are likely hunting ewes, and the push a lot of rams into the public. My .02

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom