Barbary Mount Question

>If its a trophy in your
>eyes, mount it! No one
>else's opinion really matters.

EXACTLY! Don't worry what others think or scores. Good luck!

For me, it comes down to whether I like looking at it. If I do, I'm going to memorialize it in some way...

So I was able to get one down. I was super excited about getting this awesome animal and I am hooked for life on these guys. This was my first time putting in and first time going. The night before I shot this guy was the first time I had even seen one in person. I had decided that I would not mount one unless he was 27 inches and he fell short of that. I still struggled with weather to or not and finally decided to just do a European mount on him. Hopefully I don't regret this decision in 15 years when I have only drawn one other time and wasn't able to find another, but hopefully that won't be the case. I feel very fortunate to be able to get one my first year. I had a blast. I still may have mounted him if I hadn't just finished pay off my bear rug and getting an antelope started.

He also taste delicious.

5469dscf7397.jpg

8756dscf7396.jpg

9636img_1905.jpg

Hunting would not exist without understanding wifes.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-15 AT 07:43PM (MST)[p]Exactly what nmwapiti said!!!! A euro will look sweet though.

Much congrats! I've heard people say that barbarys are not good eating and all I can conclude is they must have done something to screw it up. All but one of mine have been very good, and I think I know what I did wrong on the one that was a little gamey...

Here is one of mine that is about the size or yours, euro's look pretty sweet, save the shoulder mount for when you kill muy grande.

9821img_0365.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom