barnes XLR or Berger

My expeience with the TSX would make me wonder how well the LRX will expand at lower velocity. on the other hand the Berger is a hollow point so at closer ranges it's going to expand too fast. I'm sure the tip on the LRX will help, but guys I know who've tried the TTSX say maybe noth enough. I haven't tried the tipped Barnes myself.

I think if long range is really the object I'd stick to the Berger. for an all around bullet the Barnes is pretty darn good. there never has been a bullet perfect for every possible shot.

Stay thirsty my friends

i shoot a 30-378 long range and use 210 grn VLD hunting bullets and group good have not tried barnes iam going to experment with laupa 200 grn bullets. what cal are you shooting?

>Does anyone know when the accubond
>long range are due out?
>

Nosler says bullets in May,and factory loaded rounds in June. That was for my 300 Win.

when i talked with nosler last sept they told me the first quarter of this yr I wouldnt count on any bullets hitting the market but look at midway usa they get them all the time

Go with Noslers, they are proven, Berger's do not open up and Barnes are for Greenies

>Go with Noslers, they are proven,
>Berger's do not open up
>and Barnes are for Greenies
>

How many animals have you shot with a berger vld hunting? The animals ive shot have been drt. I trust them and they are very accurate in my rifle.

I have 210 grain Accubond LR bullets on the way. Ordered them Saturday. I don't care for how Bergers behave at closer ranges, and just never have been a Barnes guy. Looking forward to loading and hunting with the ALRs. mtmuley

>I have 210 grain Accubond LR
>bullets on the way. Ordered
>them Saturday. I don't care
>for how Bergers behave at
>closer ranges, and just never
>have been a Barnes guy.
>Looking forward to loading and
>hunting with the ALRs. mtmuley
>

Mulley,where did you order the Noslers from? The last time i checked from Nosler, they were not available. Also what caliber are you shooting, thanks Birdhunter..

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-13 AT 04:22PM (MST)[p]I shoot the 140 accubonds out of my 280. 3100 FPS over 58.3 grains of r19. Under half inch groups. Great bullet and have had great one shot kills the last two years on 2 deer and a bull. You won't be disappointed. I'm now going to mess around with 140 bergers and see what they will do.
O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom