Bass Hill Archery A-26

LookALiveTaxidermy

I drew the Bass Hill Archery hunt this year. I will scout prior to season but was wondering what areas to look at. Also what would a typical buck from the hunt be?

Look back at last years and the year before posts in this Forum. There were several guys out in that hunt, a lot of good info shared, and you may want to PM some of those guys for some inside info that they might not want to put up on the open forum.

Seems most of the better bucks are 22-26" 4x4 types. There are a couple few every year that are better but very tough to get.

Good luck and have fun with it!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I've got the tag too.

The weather is looking promising. Measurable snow in October and a storm or two on the horizon.

I'm definitely doing my best snow dance!
Hammnit

Yeah hopefully the storms will kick in. Probably see up there at some point Hammnit. I'm headed up Monday night to scout Tuesday thru Friday. Then hunt the first 9 days or so. You been up scouting any? Let me know how your hunt went when your all finished up.

Yeah, I'll be scouting Saturday-Monday. I also plan on hunting 18 of the 23 days.

I'm sure we'll bump in to each other.

Good luck!

Hunt the first week, the rut is early this year. Bucks have been rut stupid for over a week now. A guy that works for me has this tag. He's got the entire season off except for 2 days. I'm sure he'll do good.

I noticed my horses were out yesterday @ 3AM. As I drove around janesville looking for them, I saw 3 decent bucks with either my headlights or spotlight. All were rutty with their nose up a doe's tail. A couple of days before that I got home after mid-night and a doe and fawn had snuck into my hay storage. I got out of the truck to shoo them away and heard a buck grunting up the hill. I couldn't see him in the dark but he grunted twice. Just a couple of examples of rut activity.

Yeah, while scouting last weekend we definitely saw rutting activity. I had a smaller 4x4 push a doe up to within 10 yds of me, while I was just standing there out in the open with the video camera. I was a little worried when he laid his ears back and stomped past me!

Hammnit

Any luck yet Lookalive? Finding good bucks have proven to be difficult for us. Hoping the upcoming weather gets the big boys moving around!

Hammnit

Saw a really good buck that was taken the other day, so they're there...

2010 Bowtech Destroyer 340...

Youngster that works for me took a 27" 4X4 last Saturday. The picture is on my work computer. I'll try to get it on here Monday so you guys can see it. A quality buck. The last 3 days have been miserable.

Keep the reports coming! Interested and watching, waiting on next year when I might draw the same tag.

Fellas,
I ended up coming home with tag soup. In fact two out the three of us came up empty. For me, it wasn't such a big deal. I took a really nice blacktail in the B-zones and two antelope in Wyoming earlier this year, so my freezer was full. I hunted 16 of the 23 days and held out as long as I could waiting for some weather to push a bigger buck down off the private. Unfortunately, it never happened. All in all, I was disappointed with the quality of the bucks that we saw. Out of the hundreds of bucks that we looked at, the biggest bucks we saw were in the 20"-23" range. I know that there are a couple of nice bucks taken each year, but with the lack of winter weather this year, we didn't see anything big on public and only a couple on the private.

I still had fun spending 16 days behind a spotting scope watching my favorite animal fighting, breeding and just doing their thing. Just bummed that there wasn't at least one big buck to chase around.
Hammnit

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom