BASS HILL ARCHERY

H

HORNSNFISH

ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS UNIT X6A? A GOOD FRIEND AND HIS SON
DREW THIS HUNT AND ARE NOT GOING TO GET UP AND SCOUT. I SCOUTED
OFF BYERS PASS RD. TODAY SAW SOME SIGN BUT NO DEER? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS

I live right on the base of bass hill by byers pass rd.My wife had a tag there this year and killed her first buck.A little forked horn,but that was a blast.She found it and shot it all on her own. I was about 75 yards from her. About your question.There aren't alot of deer on bass hill until they migrate in.Some could be doing that now.But our great fish and game has decided that there must be to many because they let those poor deer get hammered with hunters from late August through Nov. Then for years they kept proposing to have doe hunts. Then there are some landowner tags for that area also. Our deer herds in Ca. are never going to rebound because of our fish and games management.It's like they just want to kill em all. Then they blame the low deer numbers on loss of habitat. That just isn't happenening up here. The deer also get slaughtered on hwy.395 between Janesville and Susanville. Yesterday we counted four new road kills from Sat. night. O.K. enough of my ranting. They would be smart to try across 395 from the dump.If they can hunt there. I'm not up on the regs. but you used to be able to use short range weapons there. If they can't find anything there, there are some other areas that might be good. P.M. if you need to.

NECALI said;
"There aren't alot of deer on bass hill until they migrate in.Some could be doing that now.But our great fish and game has decided that there must be to many because they let those poor deer get hammered with hunters from late August through Nov. Then for years they kept proposing to have doe hunts. Then there are some landowner tags for that area also. Our deer herds in Ca. are never going to rebound because of our fish and games management.It's like they just want to kill em all. Then they blame the low deer numbers on loss of habitat. That just isn't happenening up here."

Excellent insight IMO!

Also, not sure, if you have that tag, can't you hunt the whole X6a zone, not just the Bass Hill area? If so, Bass Hill might be your best bet but there is country on the Taylorsville side were deer winter as well. Some good ones.

Joey

HORNS- You may want to check out the are around and surrounding Doyle Rez. There is some good country back in there and opens up in to some good remington country. Hopefully they are migrating through there this time of year, not really sure though just trying to help.

Yes I guess your right. I was thinking it was to far to the east but it is west of the boundary .My bad. He still can't hunt it if his tag is only good in Lassen county because it is in Plumas county.

Horn, I think you're the one that called me. I still say the burn is the best. They ARE down and they ARE rut stupid right now.

I quail hunted west of the dump Sun and lots of sign and I saw a few but no optics on me. Glass the area south of the dump from the wide spot on the hiway. And yes the old Egan ranch is open for late archery.

Anyone have any luck on this hunt? My hunting partner was only able to hunt a few days due to his wife being diagnosed with lung cancer a couple wks ago, sadly Mikes wife passed away on
Dec 3 at the youg age of 45, please pray for Mike and his family.

Also mike has written a few articles for Eastman Journal, His
article on "Beauty And The Beast" will be issued in the new
hard back book for Elk Hunting coming soon from Eastmans..

Thanks

OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR THE SMITTLE FAMILY..

Ow Man, that's so sad. Sometimes we think hunting and being in the outdoors is everything and something like this comes along and we're reminded of the true facts in life. So sorry to hear of your partners loss.

Enjoy today, there may be no tomorrow. Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom