Yes they will. Photo shoot was in Jamaica. :D

DW, you are correct Sir!
Weren't you shocked?

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

I'll put my flame retardent suit on and then admit I'm not sure I've ever seen a photo of her!:eek:

Sorry incorrect

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Hey joe?

Does Ms Sikora know that We've Corrupted you in to this kind of Behavior?:D

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Now sling did you know this or did you google it?

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Sorry Homer I didnt see your post first. So your the winner

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Now sling
>did you know this or
>did you google it?
>
>Joe
>
>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>so long you
>think their right" - 2001
>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

It was a calculated guess. I still think she is one of the most beautiful actress's to ever grace the big screen.
My parents used to talked about meeting her several times at gatherings back in the day.
How close was the year of the photo? I figured it had to be early to mid fifties.

All's I have to say is that's a tall cool drink of water

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

I now understand the meaning of Timeless Beauty

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Slinginlead what kind of gatherings were your parents at that Grace Kelly was present?

Thanks Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Slinginlead what kind of gatherings were
>your parents at that Grace
>Kelly was present?
>
>Thanks Joe
>
>
>so long you
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

Hollywood gatherings (Parties).

>>Slinginlead what kind of gatherings were
>>your parents at that Grace
>>Kelly was present?
>>
>>Thanks Joe
>>
>>
>>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>>so long you
>>think their right" - 2001
>>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>>2005
>>-Joe E Sikora
>
>
>Hollywood gatherings (Parties).

-Joe E Sikora

Yes I figured that, but what did your parents do in order to be at these events? I don't know to many people who get invited to such events. I know my invite wasn't in the mailbox

Joe

>>>Slinginlead what kind of gatherings were
>>>your parents at that Grace
>>>Kelly was present?
>>>
>>>Thanks Joe
>>>
>>>
>>>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>>>so long you
>>>think their right" - 2001
>>>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>>>2005
>>>-Joe E Sikora
>>
>>
>>Hollywood gatherings (Parties).
>
>
>so long you
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora
>
>Yes I figured that, but what
>did your parents do in
>order to be at these
>events? I don't know to
>many people who get invited
>to such events. I know
>my invite wasn't in the
>mailbox
>
>Joe

My dad and aunt were in the bizz. Your invite must have been
overlooked!

LOL I thought it had to be an oversight!

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Slingin, Were your family actors or in the business end?

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Slingin, Were your family actors or
>in the business end?
>
>Joe
>
>
>so long you
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

Actors/Singers.

Would you mind telling their names?

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

I have to admit, it's an even more intriguing mystery than joes original pic. Would your dad's name be Kevin? Ya my work is done and I'm a little bored, humor us!:D

LOL! I have to admit.....this was turning in to the old TV show "What's My Line"!!

Actually, my aunt, Ann Blyth, was a contract actress for one of the major studios in the 40's and 50's. She played the daughter of Joan Crawford, Veda Pierce, in the original "Mildred Pierce"
movie. She was nominated for an academy award as best supporting actress for her role. She and my uncle were good friends of Grace Kelly.

My dad, Dennis Day, was on the Jack Benny Show for close to 30 years. Started on the radio show prior to WWII, then TV came along and was on that for 25 years. He was more known as an Irish Tenor.

Our next door neighbor for 25 plus years was actress Eva Marie Saint, who won an academy award for "On The Waterfront"
with Marlon Brando.

We had quite a few Hollywood types in the old neighborhood growing up. The likes of Robert Taylor, Karl Malden, Robert Mitchum, June Allyson & ##### Powell, Mike Douglas, Sandy Duncan, John Saxson, Don DeFore, Lawrence Welk, and others.
Used to see people like Steve McQueen, O.J. Simpson, Chuck Conners, Connie Francis, Don Ameche, Linda Evans, Phyllis Diller, Lee Marvin, Robert Conrad, and others. In those days, nobody hounded them like they do today. I see TMZ type people constantly in those neighborhoods today, trying to get photo's, etc. of the "Stars". Now all the current stars live in the neighborhood.

My grade school classmates consisted of Fred MacMurry's twin daughter's, the grand daughter of the author of "Winnie The Pooh", great, great grandson of William Randolph Hearst, the son of Peter Lawford, the Hilton kids (Paris's father & uncles), Maureen O'Hara's niece and nephew, and a slate of others. It was an interesting and fun time, to say the least.

That was a great photo Joe, wonderful era.

Slinginlead, very cool! Thanks so much for sharing your family history.
Yes I too agree that was a great era.

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Sounds like an interesting time and
>place to grow up slinginlead.
>

It certainly was. I've been racking by brain all day trying to remember stuff from the old days. Completely forgot about the likes of Lorne Green (Bonanza), June Lockhart (Timmy's mom on "Lassie", Adam West (Batman), Jonathon Winters, Lurch of "The Adams Family", Anne Francis ("Honey West"), Robert Culp of "I Spy", Rod Stieger ("In The Heat Of The Night"), Jan Michael-Vincent, Graham Nash, Joanie Mitchell, Carly Simon, Kenan Wynn, and so on.......Had some fun and crazy episodes with some of them through the years. I actually ran in to David McCallum a few weeks ago (The other half of "I Spy") and we spoke briefly, funny guy and super nice. My wife was talking to a guy recently who was Mick Fleetwood's manager back in the 70's. She told him about an embarrassing incident the group had in the late '70's involving the whole band that I witnessed. He laughed and said he was probably there getting the car for them. If only we had cell phones then.
Joe's post has sure me trying to jog my memory on this stuff.

Slingin, I glad to have help you recall some fine times

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Slingin, I glad to have help
>you recall some fine times
>
>
>Joe
>
>so long you
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

LOL....ever since I got involved with this post...my wife and I keep saying to each other..."Remember When..."
She has a bunch of her own stories involving celebrity families as well.
Thanks for stirring a hornets nest!

Your welcome! LOL

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>

Those are awesome Homer, Thanks!
I noticed scrolling down the YouTube sites, the old Irish band "The Irish Rovers". I don't know if you remember them, they had a big hit in the early sixties called "The Unicorn".
Back then, my parents had a big party at our house, best one I can recall. People like Bob & Delores Hope, Jimmy & Marge Durante, Burt Bacharach and his wife, Cliff Arquette (aka "Charlie Weaver"), Mel Blanc ("Bugs Bunny), Bill Thompson("Under Dog", "Polly Purebread"), the "Irish Rovers" and a host of others. All of us kids (there were 10 of us), were not allowed downstairs during the duration of the party. When most of the guests left, my parents finally let us come down. The only ones left were Bill Thompson, a concert classical guitarist named Laurendo Almeda, and of course the Irish Rovers. The Rovers then proceeded to play a bunch of their songs in our family room for all of us kids. When they finished, Bill Thompson proceeded to tell stories all in his cartoon voices, while Laurendo Almeda would play guitar in the background....it was awesome.
A few years ago, my wife and I went to see the Rovers in concert. After the concert, they were out thanking the audience. There was only one original Rover left in the group. I decided to introduce myself and told him that I met he and his brothers at my parents house in the sixties.
His jaw hit the floor. He remembered everything about the party and started to rattle off who was there and so on. He said he was only 16 years old at the time. He was very grateful for the things that my dad and his music conductor, Bud Carson, did for them. My brothers and sisters still talk about that party.

Two of my buds from school June Smith and Ann Williams
Anyway the dark haired one is Ann Williams her and her sister were adopted and came to my school SS Peter & Paul Catholic School in the 7th grade and she became my woman Right away LOL! Her adopted dad was a lot older than other fathers in our class by almost 20 years
His name was Dakin Williams the really cool thing about this story which I just love is Dakin Williams is the younger brother of Tennessee Williams the Playwright that wrote Cat on a hot tin roof, Street Car named Desire and others I’m sure. I just love this because she could tell people her Uncle was Tennessee Williams not that she ever did. I drove Mrs Sikora nuts in church on Sundays because when I saw Dakin and his wife I‘d say “Kris see that guy there he is Tennessee Williams’ the famous writer‘s brother Dakin and a girl I went to school with adopted dad!” I‘m 6’ and 235 and Ann’s bigger then me. The last time I saw her she weighed about 260 and 6’ tall she is an Amazon! June was just a rich kid her dad owned a Jewelry store!
Their are both 60 our next Class reunion will be in 2024 that’s 45th year reunion

B645C090-8A3B-4FA7-A61D-EF367A0689C2.jpeg

73224B92-253A-4E3B-91B3-C58C07196ABB.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL! I have to admit.....this was turning in to the old TV show "What's My Line"!!

Actually, my aunt, Ann Blyth, was a contract actress for one of the major studios in the 40's and 50's. She played the daughter of Joan Crawford, Veda Pierce, in the original "Mildred Pierce"
movie. She was nominated for an academy award as best supporting actress for her role. She and my uncle were good friends of Grace Kelly.

My dad, Dennis Day, was on the Jack Benny Show for close to 30 years. Started on the radio show prior to WWII, then TV came along and was on that for 25 years. He was more known as an Irish Tenor.

Our next door neighbor for 25 plus years was actress Eva Marie Saint, who won an academy award for "On The Waterfront"
with Marlon Brando.

We had quite a few Hollywood types in the old neighborhood growing up. The likes of Robert Taylor, Karl Malden, Robert Mitchum, June Allyson & ##### Powell, Mike Douglas, Sandy Duncan, John Saxson, Don DeFore, Lawrence Welk, and others.
Used to see people like Steve McQueen, O.J. Simpson, Chuck Conners, Connie Francis, Don Ameche, Linda Evans, Phyllis Diller, Lee Marvin, Robert Conrad, and others. In those days, nobody hounded them like they do today. I see TMZ type people constantly in those neighborhoods today, trying to get photo's, etc. of the "Stars". Now all the current stars live in the neighborhood.

My grade school classmates consisted of Fred MacMurry's twin daughter's, the grand daughter of the author of "Winnie The Pooh", great, great grandson of William Randolph Hearst, the son of Peter Lawford, the Hilton kids (Paris's father & uncles), Maureen O'Hara's niece and nephew, and a slate of others. It was an interesting and fun time, to say the least.

That was a great photo Joe, wonderful era.
I remember your dad quite well since he was around in my era of history. Same for many of the others you mentioned. The Jack Benny Show was a fav of my grandparents, where I spent a lot of time growing up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom