Battle Mountain

Elmacho

Ok...I know better than to e-scout, but I'm gonna do it anyways......

I want to take my 8 year old on his first ride-along hunt this year. I only have 1 week to hunt all year where we can both make it, so I'm laying down 6 points(NR) to draw a lope tag.

I would really like to get a buck around 80 inches with these points.

Any unit suggestions that would make this a real possibility are welcome.

PM me if you like.

Thanks to all and good luck in the draws!

6 NR Points Probally Not Enough Points To Draw.Generally There Are Only About 6 To 10 B/C Bucks Taken In The Whole State And Half Those Are Taken On Private Land,So You Might Be Setting Goals Way To High,You Need To Scout Alot And Be Lucky And Be Patient.Or Hire A Guide.Good Luck Gordon RAM4G

not sure if your asking if there are any 80 inch bucks around Battle Mountain....is that what you want to know? I live in B.M. and would have to say.....sure, maybe..but there are some better areas than that. I have no doubt there are some 80"ers here..not many. I have hunted in the southern areas of 15 which is around Austin and extends over towards Eureka and have seen plenty of nice bucks there, so if your looking to hunt around B.M. then that would be a much better bet.
5 NR points, i dont know what your odds are as im a resident, but i think i might look at some other areas also, 06, 07, 04, come to mind...but it still might be hard to draw..but hey, lots of people draw with less than that so good luck

I too live in Battle Mountain, there are a few 80" but not many you need to scout hard, get with a guide that knows the area, we have 2 in town, both grew up here and hunted this area all their lives, i know where a couple are, but i have to wait another 4 years, took a 14" in 07 didnt score, but was meat, was unemployed at the time so really couldnt hunt

An 80" pronghorn is alot to ask for.Hunting with your son is great but don't set your sites TOO high! Enjoy the hunt & he won't know the difference between a 74" & a 80"!!!!!!!
David

Thanks guys. Just looking for a little guidence toward an area with good opportunity at a solid buck, I would like to have a fair opportunity at an 80 inch class, give or take 5 inches, doesn't mean I will be holding out for 80 and go home empty.

Son will not know the difference, but being that I'm going to try to spend 6 points, prefer to hunt where solid bucks roam. I do have about 7 days to spend.....

He'd prolly be just as happy shooting jacks....

I have been leaning more toward the wimmemucca side of the state. thanks for your help.

Any other pointers welcome

good luck in the draw

Mark

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom