Beach front property, empty Lot besides me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Coast of Wyoming

peebo

Well, let's say i purchase an ocean front property and build this big azz house. There's an empty lot just beside me. When looking at my buying my place, the realtor gave me a reasonable expectation that the lot next to me would probably never be built on, ensuring my privacy and views, plus it's owner probably will never be there. He also said that I could probably trespass on this empty lot to fulfill my recreational habits. Put some cows on it, too, for the princely sum of 4 cents per cow/calf. Realtor let me to believe that even though I didn't own this other lot, it was basically "mine" and I have exclusive use and control of it

I purchase my ocean front property based on these expectations set by my realtor.

Well, lo' and behold, a few years later, the owner of the adjacent lot has the audacity to not only access his property, but he also builds a big house. There goes my privacy and views.

I'm peeved and will file suit. First off, I'll coerce the local kangaroo co. attny/court system to file trespass charges against my neighbor....then I'll sue claiming "damages" caused by this neighbor, such as dirtying my air space and eliminating my elite privacy and views with their malicious access of their property

Problem is, who do I sue? My stable of attorneys have told me in private that I probably don't have a case...unless we can keep the civil trial OFF the federal docket and keep it locally with the hopes that a kangaroo court can be bought.

But, silently, I've been thinking....that dirty rat azz realtor probably sold me a bill of goods. The neighboring property owner never offered me exclusive use of his property...it was the realtor.

So, here I am....a pariah amongst my beach front community. ..all because I purchased a property after being assured I'd control the entire beach. How deep to I go down this rat hole?

Last edited:
Well, let's say i purchase an ocean front property and build this big azz house. There's an empty lot just beside me. When looking at my buying my place, the realtor gave me a reasonable expectation that the lot next to me would probably never be built on, ensuring my privacy and views, plus it's owner probably will never be there. He also said that I could probably trespass on this empty lot to fulfill my recreational habits. Put some cows on it, too, for the princely sum of 4 cents per cow/calf. Realtor let me to believe that even though I didn't own this other lot, it was basically "mine" and I have exclusive use and control of it

I purchase my ocean front property based on these expectations set by my realtor.

Well, lo' and behold, a few years later, the owner of the adjacent lot has the audacity to not only access his property, but he also builds a big house. There goes my privacy and views.

I'm peeved and will file suit. First off, I'll coerce the local kangaroo co. attny/court system to file trespass charges against my neighbor....then I'll sue claiming "damages" caused by this neighbor, such as dirtying my air space and eliminating my elite privacy and views with their malicious access of their property

Problem is, who do I sue? My stable of attorneys have told me in private that I probably don't have a case...unless we can keep the civil trial OFF the federal docket and keep it locally with the hopes that a kangaroo court can be bought.

But, silently, I've been thinking....that dirty rat azz realtor probably sold me a bill of goods. The neighboring property owner never offered me exclusive use of his property...it was the realtor.

So, here I am....a pariah amongst my beach front community. ..all because I purchased a property after being assured I'd control the entire beach. How deep to I go down this rat hole?
Have anything related to hunting to share?

I'll play along. I assume this is related to something in the hunting and access world. so the realtor said "probably" and never actually assured you of anything. correct? you even say "reasonable expectation" and "assuring me" in the same sentence. I do not think that wording would fly in a legal document. Not a lawyer but a "maybe" and an actual guarantee are two different things. If both terms were thrown around I think it would default to the one that least helps your case.

I'll play along. I assume this is related to something in the hunting and access world. so the realtor said "probably" and never actually assured you of anything. correct? you even say "reasonable expectation" and "assuring me" in the same sentence. I do not think that wording would fly in a legal document. Not a lawyer but a "maybe" and an actual guarantee are two different things. If both terms were thrown around I think it would default to the one that least helps your case.
The carbon county corner crossing case.

Like I stated in the other thread, maybe your house is lowering the value of the property next door.

It is more like you bought the property across the street for cheap with no views of the beach and caddy corner from the vacant beachfront lot and then crossed over your ricn neighbors property at the corner to access this vacant lot on the beach that he and his friends use as their own. Both sides have a good case on corner crossing, it can easily be argued either way.

I would only file suit if the views of the girls that were sun bathing on the beach that the lot was on were topless and good looking.

In regards to the cows grazing, sell them and use the money to keep your attorneys on retainer to keep fighting for the cause.

Lol not a chance you win. “Probably never built on” should have bought the lot if you wanted to
Make sure that didn’t happen. Not the realtors fault it’s yours for not verifying yourself

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom