Bear Baiting

M

Martin

I have been running a bait site for the last 2 weeks. The bait is getting hammered, but the bears are comming in at night or right after dark. I have stayed on the stand way past dark to see what has been coming in, and they seem to hit it around dark. I don't know about the rest of the night though. Are there any methods I could try to get them to hit it earlier? It is an established site (10 years). Pretty scary when you have heard the bears comming in and you climb out of the stand and walk through the brush back to the 4 wheeler! The other night I watched a smaller bear cautiously come to the bait, only to slowly walk back the way he came. About 5 minutes later there was a big spraying match and a tussle than all was quiet. Also, can you put out to much bait? This is the second year I have tried this and this year I am finally getting results, just difficult to be there when the bears are. Any insights would be helpfull. Thanks, Derick.

Leave a transistor radio or ghetto blaster blasting loud all night in your treestand. Turn it off during the days and play it all night.

And when you get your bear, I'll bill you!! ;-)

You may have to buy a few batteries but the results may be worth it.

-Dawg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom