BEAR HUNT SUGGESTIONS

I want to do a spot and stalk bear hunt this spring. I was thinking about 39 or 43 but am open to suggestions. I am willing to hike and spend a week. I want to hunt the first week of May. Is that to early or will it work? I also want to take my camping trailer and 4-wheeler. I just need a starting point If any one has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't know about those units, but the first week in May is very early to get around at many elevations. I am lucky to get a bait out by mid-May in southeast Idaho. Often its closer to the end of the month.

spring bear can be a real tough hunt for S&S if u can get to the west side of the mtns up out of riggins is always good those west side slopes bare off nice..I have seen some real monsters but the last 2 years we have not been able to get over the summit too deep for the 4 wheelers & way to many miles of mud & rock for the snowmobiles..39 is a good hunt but u may have the same problem with snow & mud that early

I am also interested in doing a spring spot and stalk hunt in idaho for bear. I have put in for the draw units and hunted one in the past. But I don't expect to get drawn. I have a Yamaha Grizzly with snow tracks so I can get around in the snow just fine and across the dirt and rocks as well I would like to find somewhere that it benefits me but mostly I'm willing and love to hike. Just use the tracks to access roads that remain to snowy for normal four wheelers. Than once i'm in a ways hike and glass. Ive only hunted for bear once in Idaho but would be up for anywhere. I do hunt most western states and would be wiling to trade for info if prefered. Anyway thanks in advance Good luck to all.

Try unit 11. There are lots of open ridges for glassing, good bear population, and snow wont be a factor. This is a very physical hunt, "steep & deep", but worth it. Google earth it if you are intrested. Unit 11 is located south of Lewiston.

"Winners make commitment, Losers make excuses.

put in for 32a. tons of bears in that unit. great place for spot and stalk. youve got until the 15th...so HURRY. 75 tags offered. if you, or anyone you know happens to draw, pm me. ill tell you all i can. a guy on here drew last year, told him a great spot, and he killed a nice one there. that unit needs WAY LESS bears in my opinion....along with a few other things!

I plan on S&S ing a bear this spring season as well. I think ill hit up some open areas with senosis brush. you can see them a ways off and they feed on the new blooms.

I dont know when though. wait for snow to ease up i guess.

good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom