bear hunting

B

BRYAN_E

Is anyone going bear hunting around the Eagle Lake area. If so I would like to get some advice on how to go about doing a DIY hunt myself. Thanks

Gonna be tough in that area without dogs as the number of bears is low. Id go over by Happycamp or one of the west side wilderness areas where the numbers are much higher. If you have to go around Eagle lake look for the choke cherry bushes right now as they are ripe and the manzanita berries later. Try the top of Roop mt or the old burns on Fox. Good luck BH1

I don't hunt Bear but know that there are plenty of them further west here near Chester Ca. My first choice's would be to hunt the country by Humbug valley, back side of Butt lake, or, above Domingo Springs toward Lassen Park. Lots of Bear sign all over these areas but this is timber country and definitely not the best for spot at distance and stalk for a shot.

Another area to consider that has lots of Bears, or used to 6-7 years ago, was behind Diamond Mt, the country around Antelope lake. Any of these areas are not far from Eagle Lake. Good luck!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom