bear hunting

elkmuzzleloader

Any body kill any bears yet this season. Would love to see some pics. Im leaving in the morning hope to have some great pics so share monday night. Good luck to all out there chasing the bears.

Khart got one. I saw some week old bear dung. Getting so much rain that my waterholes have been useless.
Been getting out and sitting them anyhow. Hearing some sorry elk bugles and getting some exercise.

Good luck brother and let me know if you tag out or not. I havent been up to my place lately but last time I was up there did come across a different ones set of tracks.

I hope everyone who has a tag find and get's a bear.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I knocked a young boar down on Saturday. Will post picks once I check him in with Fish and Game. Anybody else?

Well we went out Saturday morning and finally got my first bear. He's not huge but a good size to start off with. Im guessing around 200 lbs or so. G&F and Taxi were very impressed with the length of the snout on this bear. We were running dogs in 34 and had not been having very good luck getting a bump from them. We drove around for about an hour and a half before the dogs went nuts. We sat and thought about it for a few minutes while looking for tracks near the road. Didn't find any track but decided to let the dogs run.
When we opened the cage I have never seen a dog move so fast in my life. They took off up that mountain baying and barking like they were on fire. We drove back and forth keeping track of those dogs for about 30 min before we decided that they had treed something. They had run in a huge circle about 2 miles before they treed him. Come to find out they had treed the bear a half mile up the canyon that we released them in.
Got to the tree and there was the bear just hanging out with the dogs going nuts below at the bottom. Tied up the dogs took made sure it was a boar and took my shot. Once that bear hit the ground the dogs had a great time. Pics were taken and it was time to drag the bear out and get him loaded up.
About 200 yards from the truck we came across a log that needed to be crossed. Just as we got to it my buddy and I both slipped and fell. He fell on the other side and I fell on the close side. Just as he went down a rattler struck at him and missed his face by about 2 inches. This took about ten minutes to recover from. Never been so glad to have fallen in the mountains before. If I would have stepped over I would be writing this from a Hospital bed. I will be wearing snake chaps from now on when hunting.
Had a very good time and was glad to have the friends there to share with and make the memories. Thanks for all your help bticked in dragging that bear out. Nice to put a face to a name off of this site.
4368bear__august_20100004.jpg

3128bear__august_20100007.jpg

9290bear__august_20100009.jpg

Awesome Seth and congrats on your first bear brother! I need to borrow those hounds and go find me a cat! There eating up all my deer

Congrats. We have been working at it and nothing so far. Curious where the rattler was. Not to many up around me.

>Khart got one. I saw
>some week old bear dung.
> Getting so much rain
>that my waterholes have been
>useless.
>Been getting out and sitting them
>anyhow. Hearing some sorry
>elk bugles and getting some
>exercise.

Hey Paul, was Khart's a nice one? glad to hear the bulls are startin to bugle. hopefully they will want to play in a week.

Westside road makes sense. I can imagine there are a few out there.

Congrats on the bear again. I dont have a tag, but, my wife and son do. We have hunted behind dogs 3 times now and got on one bear.
We have been glassing oaks and doing a lot of hiking. They would be thrilled to get a nice bear like yours.

Good looking bear, I know up in Unit 51 every time we hunt it we see bear.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Hey Seth, not a problem on helping, it was a good time. Back in the city now at work and things just dont feel right!

Ryan

Nice bear! Man, I'm getting lazy about posting these days...
Here's the young boar I harvested this past weekend.
2010Bear.jpg

Here's a couple of 'buts I hauled in off my father's boat this summer in SE AK that outweigh my bear
IMG_1021.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-10 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-10 AT 01:14?PM (MST)

This is the bear I shot this spring. Great color and a very fun hunt!! 27yrds.

2028hpim2442.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom