Bear Rug Help

Wyo

I shot a bear this spring and I am planning on getting a rug done. However it is still in the freezer because I can't decide on a taxidermist. Anyone got any suggestions? I want the end result to be excellant, and I don't care what the price is (within reason anyways). Anybody in Wyoming that does excellant rugs, or anyone know of a taxidermist anywhere in the U.S. that does excellant rug work? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dennis Dumont in Libby Montana is the best I've ever seen. Here's one he did for me.

IMG_0285.jpg

http://www.dumonttaxidermy.com/index-2.html

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-08 AT 10:27PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-08 AT 10:24?PM (MST)

One of my really close friends does taxidermy and he is mostly focused on rugs and bear mounts. I have pictures of my full mount bear he did for reference. If you are interested just let me know, i will see what i can do. He is also doing 2 othere bears for me. He has done an elk for me and a deer for my dad.

IM000499.jpg

IM000496.jpg

IM000495.jpg

Springfever, does your friend have a website? Or do you have any pictures of his rugs, the face seems to be really good on that life size.

He does not have a website, actually he really does take on much more work than he has. He has some really big clients I.E. outfitters, and other taxidermist that keep him busy all year. I will actually send you a P.M. buddy

Cant PM ya man, you gotter locked up. Let me know if you want some more info. I am just not comfortable enough giving out all his info on the web.

Springfever, can you try sending me the info again I think i fixed the problem. Anyone else have any suggestions for a good taxidermist??

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-08 AT 11:23AM (MST)[p]Dewey Wildlife Studio in Cody does good work. If nothing else, get it tanned and then freeze it!

I agree on Dewey he does do a good job. I talked to my buddy. He has got 416 bears to complete by spring. He would love to take your bear but cannot promise a time frame for you. I appologize but figured you would want the truth on the time frame

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom