$$Bear Rug$$$

kicker

Anybody know the going price to get a medium sized bear rug done here in the Boise area. Trying to get prepared for future expense (hopefully).

Kicker

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-09 AT 03:03PM (MST)[p]I'm looking at the invoice for my sping 07' bear I had rugged. I took it to Kodiak Taxidermy. Price was $170/ft or $14.16/in. You can do the math for your bear, mine was just under $1100. I'm not a bear expert, but I'd estimate a big Idaho black bear at 6' plus, medium size probably 5'-ish. The rug price may go up if you do a poor job skinning and your taxidermist has to alter. I was a little shocked at how pricy it was to have a bear rugged. I didn't shop around much comparing rug prices, however, I will say the bear I got back is probably the best looking bear rug I have seen.

rut-n is right. A 6' bear is a pretty good one for Idaho. I paid $150 a foot in Idaho Falls for mine 4 years ago. Go to someone who has a very good reputation. I would not skimp one penny on your rug.

I would take your rug to Greg Heil at Re Creation Taxidermy in Nampa, He does amazing work. At the Deer Hunters of Idaho banquet saturday, his donation took the most of any taxidermist. He recently moved up here from southern utah where he was the offical taxidermist for Christensen Arms. In fact he still takes in all their work and has some great critters in his shop. Tell him Adam sent you and he will treat you right.

Call him
208-461-9706

ITH... Thanks for the info on Greg. I'll have to look him up and check out his work/prices. I've used two different taxidermist's in Boise/Nampa area and have been very pleased with both.

Anyone else have suggestions on good Boise/Nampa area taxi's? Let's see some pics of good work!

Here is some of Greg's Bear Work...The two grizzly's fighting are in Roland Christensen's house, They were taken by troy and roland.

49ad7053095b2b80.jpg

49ad70f51004e126.jpg

49ad712512b40148.jpg

49ad715f136be630.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom