Bear wrecks cars, homes in Tahoe

Humans destroy everything they touch...Don't kill the bears let the idiots live with their problem they created..My vote goes to the bears...

We can only hope that the cars/houses that they broke in to were antis that vote against bear hunting/baiting.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

That is Aweful, that is a hard decision. Yeah some ppl feed the bears and then other ppl get property damage and get threated by these bears. Its really a hard decsion to make but something does have to be done. Maybe put some kind of tracking color on the buggers they can? I don't Know

"Are you a vegitarian, If not then Shut UP!" :D

I'm pretty sure I had a bear get in my hotel room at harrahs one night in Tahoe. I woke up and the place was a wreck, bottles everywhere, sheets all over and I had multiple scratches on my backside. Gary

Elkcrzy1...bet the bear that got in your room was blond ..LOL

For others: Bears in the Tahoe Basin have been a real problem for years. Ca DFG gets literally hundreds of bear nuisance calls every summer. These are unhunted populations in the Basin. DFG policy is that they don't trap and relocate bears, cuz it doesn't work, you are just moving the problem to another area and/or they tend to return. DFG has been sued in the past for moving problem bears and then having the bears cause property damage in the area they were moved to.
It is the reponsibility of the home owners to take care of their garbage. DFG has worked with homeowners and homeowners associations camp grounds etc.to provide bear proof dumpsters. These work, but are expensive.

If bears cause property damage in CA the law states that DFG has to issue a depredation permit if the property owner requests. It isn't that they may but they shall. In the Tahoe Basin there are many ares where it is illegal to discharge a firearm and also unsafe due to # of houses. In those cases bears are trapped but are then destroyed.

For those that are interested in CA you can get a copy of the DFG Bear Depredation Policy from the Regional Offices.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom