Beaver Mtn Goat

pushin_30

Very Active Member
With draw results being posted I thought I would share and getting those who were lucky enough to pull a tag for a mtn goat i little something to get the blood pumping!!
Pictured is my Utah Beaver Unit once in a lifetime Mountian goat!!!
I was fortunate enough to draw this tag back in 2013. Ever since i was a young kid growing up in south east idaho i have always be fascinated with these majestic animals. .Well after moving to southern Utah and trying to draw a tag for 11 years I decided i wanted to hunt the beautiful animals before i died and decided to switch to the nanny hunt instead of holding out another 20 years for a billy tag.
Let me tell you this hunt will always be a reminder to me of just how majestic these goats really are. The kind of terrain these animals can cover with ease is amazing. High altitude and steep rocky snow slides are just some of the obstacles to overcome trying to hunt these animals on their turf. As you can see the scenery isn't so bad either :)
My goat officially ended up measure 9 7/8" on the left horn and 10" 0/8 on the right

Good luck to ALL those who drew!!!

4784img0261.jpg

944img0271.jpg

Awesome! I'm hoping I get to hunt the goats one of these years. No luck in the draw this year though.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Awesome photos! My wife got lucky and pulled that same tag with only 8 points this year! September can't get here fast enough!!

Awesome! If i could cash in my junk moose points for goat, I'd do it in a second! What a cool high country hunt.

Thanks for sharing! I love that unit. I thought I would pull this year for a billy but didn't.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom