Beaver Unit Deer Herd

I've been out there a couple times this year because my kids drew muzzy tags for it. It doesn't look any better than last year, which was by far the worst I've ever seen there. Everyone I talked to including locals had the same to say about it last year. There are still deer but you're going to have to work for it much more.

"Working harder" for them isn't very successful if there's nothing there to work for.
This unit needs some very serious help.

Hate to say it but its pretty bad again this year, less deer and lots of people. Opening morning saw more hunters than bucks

>"Working harder" for them isn't very
>successful if there's nothing there
>to work for.
>This unit needs some very serious
>help.

I agree Slam. This unit needs some help. I've hunted this unit I believe 9 out of the last 12 years. It was really good in the past and from my experience it seemed like it just shut down all at once. The last couple years have been pathetic. I wasn't going to put my kids in for it, but I put it down as one of their choices and they all drew Beaver Muzzy.

One of my boys also has a Southwest Desert pronghorn muzzy tag with the same dates. I'm planning to camp on the west side of the Beaver unit, hunt with the kids morning and evening for deer and then hunt pronghorn in the middle of the day. The units border each other so it should work out.

It's my triplets first year to hunt deer. They will be happy just to put meat on the table. My daughter has killed nice bucks on the Beaver two out of the last three years. She is unlike most girls who kill a deer and then daddy takes over. She cleans it, packs it, skins and quarters it herself. I wish her mom would take after her. ;-)

>It's my triplets first year to
>hunt deer. They will be
>happy just to put meat
>on the table. My daughter
>has killed nice bucks on
>the Beaver two out of
>the last three years. She
>is unlike most girls who
>kill a deer and then
>daddy takes over. She cleans
>it, packs it, skins and
>quarters it herself. I wish
>her mom would take after
>her. ;-)

JUDAS bob!

Does She Even throw you a piece of Jerky?:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I know this is really late from your original post & I see that most on here that spend way more time than I do in the unit have a less than favorable opinion of it.
That being said... myself & 3 buddies started out last year in Beaver West on an archery elk hunt before throwing in the towel to hunt Beaver East. I personally saw 2 giant bucks over there that I know exceeded 200?.
I can't recall the local game wardens name but he drew for that unit & I'm guessing it was because he knew those bucks were in there.

Just looked in my phone and the game wardens name was Brandon White.
PM me if you want and I will give you his number so you can pick his brain.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom