Bell and Carlson Carbelite opinions

WITUfan

I am considering getting one of these for a Ruger Mk II LH to replace the factory wood stock.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions to share regarding these stocks?

Thanks.

I like them. They could use a bedding job if you dont get the aluminum insert with it.

I converted a remington model 721 to fit a BDL B & C stock and also ordered bottom metal from Brownells.

If you watch the classified forums you can get good stuff way cheaper then buying new. I just closed the deal on a B&C stock and bottom metal to convert my Dad's Rem 700 ADL to a BDL.

I also just ordered a B & C from (google search) stocky stocks for my M77 tang safety. I will let you know how I like it when it gets here.

Good luck,

Todd

upgrade and get a hs. they are on sale right now at stockys. i got mine for 299 almost 2 months ago. i think they are on sale at 329 right now. expect a wait due to back orders. still waiting on mine to show up.

I've looked at the HS stocks before and they are nice. I wasn't able to find one in Ruger LH, but I will look again.

I haven't held a carbelite in my hands. Are the HS stocks a major step up?

>I've looked at the HS stocks
>before and they are nice.
> I wasn't able to
>find one in Ruger LH,
>but I will look again.
>
>
>I haven't held a carbelite in
>my hands. Are the
>HS stocks a major step
>up?

i sure hope so. sent the bell & carlson back immediately. the fit on my rem. 700 was horrible. probably just that one, but i wasnt going to put any money into having it fitted when it was that bad.

Thanks for the info guys. Nitis is right - there are very limited options for a Ruger southpaw. I may give one of these a whirl. I just don't want to pay the money right now for a McMillan.

The B&C I got for my Ruger fit ok. I had to sand the barrel chanel a little and make it fit the Timny trigger but I'm happy with my carbelite.

Good luck,

Todd

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-12 AT 04:27PM (MST)[p]If you're going to compare B&C to HS, compare it to the medalist, not the carbelite..To me, HS prices are getting in the McMillan range, and the McM is a no brainer between the two.imo

I like my Medalist. For the money, and the purpose it serves on a hunting rifle, it was a damn good deal. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom