Bergara rifle Q?

manny53

Long Time Member
i'm in the market for a new rifle, i was looking at the bergara b14 or a sako A7...i need more precision these days since i'm getting older, hunted idaho last year saw a whopper and had to let him walk cause he was out there a bit more i was comfortable my gun would shoot accurately ... any pro n cons on both thanx Manny

Tikka t3x I prefer. Don't know too much about others. How far do you want to shoot? A decent scope and decent shooting gun should get you too 400-500 fairly easy with some practice.

Hey Manny!

Quit YANKIN the F'N Trigger!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Sako has always been known as one of the best built rifles with one of the smoothest actions. Bergara was one of the leading makers in barrels and the ones I have looked at the bolt was as smooth as any rifle in the store including Browning x bolts.
I do not think you will be wrong with either. The sako will cost a little more.

I haven't personally used one yet, but I have sold a boatload of the Bergera HMR. The long range game is huge now, and it's hard to beat Bergera. All the shooters I have sold them to, love them. Sell a bunch of Tikka as well, and those guys rave about them. Lots of choices anymore

as far as accuracy goes i bet they both gurantee MOA. i know for a fact that bergara does, but they are pretty heavy depending on the model. other than that they are really good rifles for the cost. action is based off the 700 action using any 700 action base mounts. the Tikka is an awesome way to go, and also gurantees MOA. the Tikka is much lighter, but i think their stocks need some work or replacement.
most factory rifles nowadays are going to gurantee MOA in most calibers. if your looking for the longer range precision, id look into that 6-1000$ range just for that added finish work. which will give you that warm fuzzy feeling.

"Shoot Straight"

I just bought a HMR b-14 I'm not to concerned with it being 9.5 lbs I'll just leave a little less junk in my pack.
Still in the waiting period so I can't give you any shooting feed back.

I have two bergara b14s. One in a 6mm creedmoor and 300 win and absolutely love both of them. The creedmoor is a one hole gun with the 108 eldm and the 300 shoots the 212 eldx and 215 Berger at half an inch if I'm on my game. I personally think it's about the best quality factory rifle on the market for the money. The action is butter smooth, the factory trigger is capable of going clear down to 2 pounds and with a bergara barrel to boot. An absolute steal for the money if you ask me.

Coloradoboy

>
>Hey Manny!
>
>Quit YANKIN the F'N Trigger!:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

i've been known to do that yes, i shoot savage with the accutrigger it was wide open country out about 600yrds soo i let him slide besides he knew i was there lol, a friggen whopper though...

>I just bought a HMR b-14
>I'm not to concerned with
>it being 9.5 lbs I'll
>just leave a little less
>junk in my pack.
> Still in the
>waiting period so I can't
>give you any shooting feed
>back.

wow 9lbs...wow

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-19 AT 01:07PM (MST)[p]Many different model b14's to chose from and they keep on getting lighter

It's funny how perceptions change. When Bergara first started building barrels for T/C Encores, nobody had heard of them before. They also cost less than T/C barrels at the time. So everyone assumed they were junk.

You will love the Bergara B-14. I own one in a 7mm and have shot my buddy's in 300 win. Both shoot very well. For the money I don't know that you can beat the b-14. I have yet to hear anything bad about them. great action, great trigger, accurate, affordable... definitely capable of killing consistently out to 600 - 700 yards.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom