Berger Bullets VLD

C

COBIGGUNJR

Just wanted to know if anyone shoots and or reloads Berger VLD bullets. How do they perform? Is all the stuff they say about them some what true? I am just getting started out reloading so if any of you guys have any advice or words of wisdom it's appreicated.

COBIGGUNJR, go to the gun furum that you posted this post in, then go up to the top of the forum where it says "search" put in Berger vld and hit search. You should find all the articles you want on Berger bullets. I'm just start to load them myself and did find some of the articles very useful. hope this helps a little bit.

I have been loading them the last 2 seasons. I have found them to be extremely accurate and a great bullet on game. Had nothing but drt results so far!! They are awesome in my 243ai and 7mm.

Lots of good talk out there on the Bergers. I too just started loading them in the last year. So far, I'm not 100% sold, but still working out loads to achieve good accuracy. Was impressed with effectiveness on a bear this last spring.

Ive been using them for the last 3 years. Ive killed and guided many deer and elk, 2 bear, antelope and now a bighorn sheep. They do massive internal damage and they put animals down fast! I wont use another bullet.

I have killed several with my 30 cal 210 grain VLD. and my 185 gn VLD. work and shoot as advertised for me. But my wife gun liked the barnes in the smaller caliber.

That's all I shoot anymore in competition. I have tried just about every bullet made for that .300 WSM I shoot and Bergers seem to cut tighter groups than the rest. However, I will tell you what I tell everybody else, what shoots good in my gun may not shoot good in yours. You have to find the right load, the right brass, and the right bullet for the particular gun you are shooting. I am convinced the manufacturers make barrels that have their own personalities when shipped. Just like all people are different, all barrels are different too. Have fun with it.

It's always an adventure!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-12 AT 11:26AM (MST)[p]I love em for shooting paper and milk jugs a long way away. My hunting may consist of thick timber now, open to semi open later. I don't have any comfort in a VLD at high velocity and close range. Just me. mtmuley

ive whacked 3 bulls and a bear with them out of a 300RUM. a spike at 604 and a bear at 450 were one shot kills. 2 6x6 bulls at under 100yards took 2 or more shots, 1 would have probably been enough if i was patient, but on elk, i keep shooting till they tip. the bear was the most carnage ive ever seen...18" wide blood trail and globs of fat/flesh hangin on the sagebrush where he ran...or tried to run. combine that with a 6" group at 700yards and they have my endorsement.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom