Best all time NBA dunker?

Feleno

Long Time Member
The NBA pretty much sucks but the All Star game and sideshows are this weekend. The highlight for me is the Slam Dunk contest Saturday night. Hard to imagine Blake Griffin not winning it but who knows. Which brings to question, who is the best dunker off all time?

My list:
1. Vince Carter. Dunked with power and innovation. His windmill 360's couldn't be touched.
2. Dominique Wilkins
3. Michael Jordan

You can go with all the tricks but this guy is the only one that really throws it down! Who breaks back boards?
This guy

6269t_35851.jpg

You guys have it all wrong and are not even close to the all time greatest dunker. It has to be Shawn Kemp. What's he got like 12 illegitimate kids ?

Shaq?

Are you kidding me?? He only has to hop, not even jump??

Give me a break - next thing you know we will have someone from Emery County on here bragging up Sean Bradley!

Chocolate Thunder baby! THE Original power dunker:

Darryl Dawkins

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

In dunk contests its Vince Carter, in game dunks it was Shawn Kemp. Although Blake Griffin could steal that title away from Kemp if he keeps it up!

2a0fcsk.gif

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-11 AT 09:40AM (MST)[p]Darnell Hillman. Former NCAA High Jump champion out of San Jose State; played for Indiana Pacers.

Dr J.

David Thompson

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

>Shaq?
>
>Are you kidding me?? He only
>has to hop, not even
>jump??
>
>Give me a break - next
>thing you know we will
>have someone from Emery County
>on here bragging up Sean
>Bradley!
>
>Chocolate Thunder baby! THE Original power
>dunker:
>
>
>
>Darryl Dawkins
>
>UTROY
>Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Why the hate for the white boy from Castle Dale?

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Gotta agree with Mr Spud Web. It is just more impressive when they are shorter.

I doubt I'm get any "Amens" but for: "in your face thunder dunk", Karl Malone. Mr. Kemp would wet his shorts when Malone went to the hole. Nobody wanted those knees in there teeth.

For amazing, your face in my groin, Michael Jordan, and I hated it every time.

DC

I have to go with Jordan, seen him do too many things that were just hard to believe if I hadn't seen them with my own two eyes. Switch hands in mid layup to get the ball away from guys trying to steal it. Then there is the one famous dunk from where he jumped at the free throw line and dunked it. But the one that blows my mind is when he was the only good player the Bulls had and was scoring 60+ points a game and the Bulls still losing. Since he retired I haven't watched basketball, it doesn't interest me anymore.
WVBOWAK

Just read about some rookie jumped a car hood and unked it and won the contest this year.

Can't argue with Vince Carter or Jordan but Shaq?

Bill

Blake jumped the car and jammed it in 2 handed. I thought his 360 two handed dunk was more impressive. All in all easily one of the better dunk contests. All 4 had some jaw dropping jams.

Oh ya! Here we go. Next year it'll be, a pick-up, then a semi, then a euclid. My, my,my where will it end?

DC

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-11 AT 02:20PM (MST)[p]Its gotta be Wilt Chamberlain man he was "dunking it in every hole in every town he played in"

Dr Julius Erving was who i used to watch for great dunks. Then it was Jordan, then as much as i don't like the guy as a person, Kobe.

I'll vote Dr J as the Best all time as he seemed to change the term "Dunk"

Guys rag on hoops players but i believe that they are among our best all around athletes. As a pretty fair Catcher and Inside Linebacker in my day, one of my proudest accomplishments, looking back, is that i earned two varsity letters as our starting small forward on a rather large and competitive high school team.

The love of the game and my nature to be competitive made me work very hard at the game in order to be a "starter" by the Christmas Tourny season. The game made me a way better athlete. I can't say that of the other sports i competed in.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom